cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

vpn not connecting

GraceNixon
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have no VPN connection on my new router with you, I used to on my old router and IT at my company have done everything possible but they can't understand why it won't work. I went to a family members house who has the same router for me and I could get VPN connection

Grace Nixon-Brown
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi GraceNixon

Is your VPN connection working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi

the new firmware will allow PPTP Protocol to work.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GraceNixon
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

Hi Karl, 

Thanks for this - just spoken to my IT manager at work and he's asked will this allow PPTP passthrough?

Many thanks, Grace 

Grace Nixon-Brown
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi

I've updated the router firmware, try the VPN now and see if it works.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 5 of 8

Hi Debbie, added this in but here it is also for ease *removed for security*

Grace Nixon-Brown
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi GraceNixon

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have (I am guessing a Sagemcom 5364 or 5464) & what firmware version is it running?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?