cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot load my email account onto my Samsung phone or ipad

Johno54
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 6 of 6

Any help please, my email account stopped working on my Samsung phone. Spoke with the chat bot and was told to delete my email account switch phone off and start again, unfortunately that didn’t work and now cannot load my email account. Chat people after 5hrs all 3 of them said it’s the phone however have had it checked by Samsung and nothing  wrong with it. Bought a brand new ipad and tried to set this up on another talk talk server which is full fibre and that informs me “mail.talk talk.net” is not responding. Can access my mail via webmail so know login etc are correct however this morning it is saying my password is incorrect!  Which I have not changed Any help please

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Johno54 

Thanks for confirming that the password upgrade to make the password security compliant has solved the issue and email is now working on the 'phone and ipad.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

OK, so your password is not compliant with the requirements. It would be accepted in webmail because the outgoing server gets its authentication from the mail platform.

The first step is then to upgrade your password.

Hopefully you'll have pre-registered for password recovery an alternate email address and mobile number. Either can be selected in the password reset process to receive an emailed link or a 6 digit code by mobile text message to authenticate a password change. It's worth checking these Reset details are present and correct before opting to change the password. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali email address and your current email password, select Sign in.

Update your reset details is an option via the user avatar top right or for unmigrated mailboxes the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Check, update and Save the Reset details if needed, then use the Reset password now button in the help page  Changing your email password.

My recommendation is to exceed the minimum required and use a password of 12-15 multicase letters and numbers and a symbol. A new password created from multiple words gives an opportunity to memorise the password that, for security, needs to be unique to the mailbox. The Internet browser that you use for TalkTalk Mail may also offer to generate a secure password and can save the login for you.

Use  TalkTalk Online Defence (SuperSafe) to keep your security strong and, as part of TalkTalk's security, is a  Password Manager that is useful for generating unique passwords, keeping those passwords secure, ready for your login.

Johno54
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

When I try to add account you will see the first image, after I tap ok then I can change settings this is on iPad. As for Samsung settings I am using the Samsung email app which both my wife and I use with no issues until this started on my phone

IMG_0004.jpegIMG_0003.jpegIMG_0002.jpegIMG_0001.jpeg
0 Likes

Johno54
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi have set up as per instructions for phone and  ipad,  message message from Samsung states they have looked at my device logs and they say it’s due to incorrect credentials and would advise it’s account related. As for iPad I have iOS 17 so latest software and  I get message the mail server “mail.talktalk. Net” not responding. My password is 8digit and combination of numbers, upper and lower case, it does not have a symbol. It works perfectly on my wife’s Samsung phone and if I login to webmail.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi Johno54 

Does the password meet the security requirements? Eight or more characters using multicase letters, number(s) and symbol? A weak password might be rejected as would the use of insecure mail settings.

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

But if you're using the Gmail email app there are slight differences:

Outgoing security type: STARTTLS

Require sign-in: ON

If you need the app setup checking then take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your Username / Email address and upload here using the picture icon (mobile browser) camera icon (desktop browser) above this Reply area.

0 Likes