cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

How do I close my talktalk email addresses? It looks like my email account has been hacked

Elkiemoose4
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello, how can I close my talktalk email addresses?  It looks like my account has been hacked and it is sending emails from me but about Halifax bank.  Thank you.  Avril

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

If your email account was compromised and used to send unauthorised mail then you may see evidence of this in the Sent and or Trash folders.

A password change would lock out unauthorised hackers but also check via the main menu (cog icon) All settings and Security. You'll see an indication of all devices signed in to your account. If you don't recognise a device then select Sign out and confirm the sign out.

Hacking does also have a risk that the hacker will set up Rules to spy on your emails. So select Mail and scroll down to Rules. Select the X icon on the right of the row for any Rules that are not already greyed out or Disabled. Confirm deletion of those selected rules.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Elkiemoose4
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Thank you for your suggestions.  I have changed my password and that seems to have stopped them sending emails from me.  I cannot believe how much abuse I have received so wanted to stop that.  Thank you again.  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi iwark351 

The mailbox migration project is still ongoing as it's taken longer than expected to migrate all mailboxes to the new TalkTalk Mail cloud platform. Deletion and creation of mailboxes was withdrawn to allow the migration to be carried out.

You too can follow the advice I gave to member Elkiemoose4.

iwark351
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Me too !!!

When I try to delete this email account I get the message:

Please Note - we have temporarily removed the create/delete mailbox functionality as we are performing some backend maintenance work on our email platform. We expect this work to be completed by September. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

It is now October 11 so what happened to the "Temporarily" ????

In the meantime more people are receiving these emails and I am receiving some obnoxious replies to my talk talk email box

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Is the account compromised or just spoofed? Advice given below.

Compromised or spoofed accounts

User deletion of mailbox email addresses is not currently possible but you can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team.

See the GDPR help page item  'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '. There's a postal address, which in my view is the best way to contact the Data Protection team, but you can initiate a contact via any of the TalkTalk contact methods.