cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Recieving mail from Pipex e-mail on Thunderbird Authentication failed

pnlowe
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I've recently switched from a legacy email client (Eudora) to Thunderbird, and while I can successfully send emails, receiving emails results in an Authentication failed message. The email address in question is the one associated with this forum account, albeit I believe this is an alias for another email address which is what I was have been using as the username. I've attached an image of the settings, which as far as I can see are correct hence I was wondering whether from TalkTalk's end it is obvious what the issue is?

The use of POP3 to delete emails from the server after receiving them is intentional. Webmail works correctly.

tbirdSettings.png
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi pnlowe, thanks for the additional information. That helped sort this out for you. 

I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

pnlowe
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thanks Ady, I've updated the private notes with the requested information.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

The email address provided doesn't show on our systems. It also doesn't bring up any listings for aliases. Please check that and provide any other mailboxes you may have in the private notes of your community profile.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes