cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Server authentication error in Outlook and other email clients

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

That old stalwart is back:

georgeh2011_0-1692811748464.png

This is affecting my account across multiple PCs and also my Android phone which is NOT using Outlook.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Will it still suffer from the annoying intermittent server authentication issues which have plagued TalkTalk email for years on the current and previous platforms?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Mailboxes are being migrated to a new platform in order to provide an updated webmail service. Mail Upgrades Planned

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

No I haven't.

The only email I've received (yesterday) talks about a new webmail, NOT migrating to a new platform.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

If your mailboxes are in the process of being migrated to the new mail platform then you may experience a minor interruption to service. Have you received the notification email from TalkTalk about your mailbox being prepared for migration?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Everything crossed it stays that way..... LOL

I always come here first as the "Service Dashboard" is usually hours to days behind what is actually going on.

0 Likes

jonwort
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Mine too!! As it has happened before, the Community forum was my first point of reference 🙂

georgeh2011
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Mine has now started working again.

Sounds like the usual glitch with the authentication servers which keeps coming back on TalkTalk like a bad penny. It has been going on for YEARS.

0 Likes

jonwort
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Copy that. Same issue has just cropped up again on email access for me and my wife using Outlook client. Access via webmail seems OK. Jon

0 Likes