cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Support Team: Please reactivate 2 x email accounts

GeoffM2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi Support Team, I have 2 email accounts that did not update the settings as requested, and they cannot access emails through Outlook/Office 365.  The server settings have now been updated so this should not prevent access from the email client.

I have put the email addresses in the "private notes" on My Account. Thanks!!!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Geoff, I've just checked every one of the account I can find and they all have full access with no limitations. If the affected mail address is in your profile or linked to one of those in your profile it's got full access. The issue is going to be with setup rather than the mailbox. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Ady,

It's been a while now, and the two email addresses in the private notes are still not working.  I have been through all settings again, even deleted the account on some email client software.  Would it be possible to re-submit the request to enable the two email addresses please?  Your help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Geoff

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi GeoffM2, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Geoff

When the pipex addresses were migrated to the current TalkTalk Mail platform the mailbox was created using the master pipex address. Alias addresses are recognised by the inbound mail server and mail is redirected to the master mailbox.

You don't need any changes to the addresses you're using.

But TalkTalk need to know the master address that's not working via email software because it's that master mailbox that will have been limited to webmail only access.

Your wife can sign in to webmail using the master address and her password to check that the master mailbox is the one that her alias address is linked to.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter her full TalkTalk Mail pipex master email address and password, select Sign in.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

GeoffM2
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the rapid reply Gondola!  When setting up the Community Profile I used the alias email I always use, as the "master" email addess that was issued by Pipex 20 years ago is just a random set of characters.  Do I need to change the email address associated with my Community Profile to the master email address?

I'm happy that I have changed the settings on all devices to what they should be on all devices.  My wife had ignored the emails from TalkTalk as spam. 

I look forward to receiving your input on the master email address.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

The secure mail settings are good so I've asked that full access is restored for the mailbox email address that you will have added to your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes. (Do check it's there - master mailbox address if using an alias address)

TalkTalk Support will respond here and then restore IMAP4 / POP3 access as soon as reasonably possible. Until full access is switched back on, use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Are you confident that no help is necessary checking services / devices / email software for compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and the incoming and outgoing server settings in use? Did you identify the insecure settings, for example? The culprit device or software that got a stop on sending or mailbox access switched off because ports 25 (SMTP) or 110 (POP) or 143 (IMAP) were used?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution