cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TT501 error message

Applepie
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Yesterday, I tried to send 3 e-mails from my Lineone account which were blocked with error message TT501, "Too many recipients". The same has happened today with more outgoing e-mails, all e-mails to the same 21 friends that I have in a distribution list I use (including my own e-mail address). This isn't the first time this has happened; and once it does happen, I have been  unable to send any e-mails (regardless of who to) for at least 24 hours & if I try to, I get a further error message TT502 that prevents me sending e-mails for even longer. It's an intermittent problem so I never know if  e-mails will send.  It always resolves itself but it's infuriating - please help me community! My incoming e-mails are all fine to my knowledge.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Each recipient of an email is 1 email effectively, meaning that the number of recipients x number of emails is your total. I'm not permitted to give or to know the numbers that trigger the limits to prevent us accidentally enabling spammers to avoid our security protection. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Applepie
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your reply. I only sent 3 e-mails. So do you mean this exceeded the limit?  or did the number of recipients I sent them to exceed a limit? & what is that limit please? 

Best wishes

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Applepie, there are limits to sending that restrict the amount of mails sent per hour and per 24 hours. The error message indicates you've exceeded the limit. You need to break the list into smaller groups and spread them out throughout the 24 hour period. If you've tried to send too many you'll have to wait a full 24 hours minimum before sending again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes