Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Any way of increasing the speed of my fibre line

34 REPLIES 34
CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi, i went live with TalkTalk on the 3rd of this month, and wanted to ask, any way if my line can be increased or anything. i know i can't get top end speeds for my line cause i live distance away from my nearest green cabinet. The speed im currently getting now is around 25mbps download and 3mbps upload, with a sync speed on router showing 

Download 32.4 Mbps & Upload 3.1 Mbps

With my previous supplier before changing over to TalkTalk, i was getting around 33mbps download & around 6mbps upload, with a sync speed of around 40mbps then.

I'm a avid gamer to more speed the better for me, if possible. Thanks

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

viewer625
Conversation Starter

how about line bonding

maybe Talk talk offer that

Community Team

Hi CraigeDavido,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to test the router at the test socket for 48hrs to see if DLM increases the sync speed any further?

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

I Noticed after a week when i first plugged it in DLM started increasing the sync speed on my TalkTalk router, the sync speed went upto 36mbps but the actual speed didnt increase. Then about 4 days ago, when i was playing PS4 i noticed the white light disconnect on the router, change to amber, it done this 3 times in the hour, so thought something was happening in the exchange.

But since that happened, its been stable for the past 4 days now, on 32mbps sync speed on router, and DLM hasnt increased the speed since then.

I'll double check the test socket when i get home later, if it has, is it worth plugging it in now, or waiting few days more, see if DLM increases the speed again.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig,

Ok thanks for the update. If the master socket does have a test socket then can you connect the router at the test socket and we can re-check the connection stats on Friday to see if there has been any improvement in speed.

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Right I just plugged it into the test socket just now, and let you know Friday see if there's any change

Just checked the router page, and it's currently synched at 34.8 Download & 3.0 Upload

Current speed right now

Download - 25mbps

Upload - 3.13mbps

Using Speedtest.net

Craig

50054525_10216274431427018_3359131370021453824_o.jpgMy test socket

Community Team

Hi Craig,

Ok thanks for the update and we can re-check the connection stats again on Friday.

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi, ive rechecked the stats today as you said, and its gone up a bit from few days ago today its currently synched at 36.5mbps Download & 3.1 Upload

Router Sync stats :-

(Wednesday) 

Download - 34.8mbps

Upload - 3.0mbps

Router Sync stats :-

(Friday) 

Download - 36.5mbps

Upload - 3.1mbps

Current Speed Test

(Wednesday)

Download - 25mbps

Upload - 3.1mbps

Current Speed Test

(Friday)

Download - 25mbps

Upload - 3.2mbps

Using Speedtest.net

These are my Super Hub router stats below1.pngMain Page

Super Hub - Router Stats.pngSuper Hub - Router Stats

TalkTalk Hub Version.pngTalkTalk Hub Version

Also ive read up about other TalkTalk customers views on this new superhub and given lower stats compared to other talktalk routers they tried. I've noticed a few stats i just checked with mine, where it says maximum rate, shouldnt that be higher than my actual rate, plus where it says Downstream Noise Margin, its saying 0.00, is this something to do with the firmware issiue, or the router itself, given false readings.

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 34.7mb.

I think this may be due to the router/firmware not reporting correctly (nothing to worry about)

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

So theres nothing i can do then to increase this. I've seen quite a few people mention about this issiue now, with lower speed sync on these new Wifi Hub, and few imformation misleading on them, of wot i read, and checked on mine. Is there chance i can test a different version TalkTalk router on my line, see how it compares, see if it is the wifi Hub or not, or can i use my previous suppliers fibre router connected to line, if i reset it. Cheers

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

I can send a HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie, yes please if you can, to see if it makes a difference, ill compare the stats when i plug it in, Cheers

Craig

Community Team

Hi Craig

Thanks for your reply.

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Ok Thanks

I'll let you know once its arrived, and all plugged in, so i can check it

Craig

Community Team
CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi

Replacement TalkTalk HG633 router delivered today, all plugged in, checked the router stats and done a few speed tests just after it was all connected. The download is syncing bit higher than the Wifi Hub at 38mbps, but the Upload is syncing bit lower at 2.7mbps, thought the uplaod would sync higher than this, but its lower.

Also done a few speedtests, once i done a few soon as plugged replacement router in, i was getting around 29mbps. But now for the past hour or so since 4pm, im getting pathetic speed test right now, of 0.06mbps, yes 0.06, not even 1mbps, what the hell, and this is current speed right now, as im typing. Can't doo anything right now, or gaming on PS4, which i was going on soon, but cant with this connection, whats happening. I've just rebooted router now cause of it, and it seems to sort it out anyway right now. Not a good start so far with this replacement router, and only had it since 3pm when it got delivered.

These are my router stats with TalkTalk HG633 Plugged in below

Craig1.png2.png3.png

Community Team

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the update. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed has increased slightly, however I can also see re-connections on the line. Have you been rebooting/switching off the router since the replacement router has been connected?

Thanks

CraigeDavido
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle

Yes i had to turn off the replacement router last night & reboot it because i was getting that throughput speed of 0.06mbps, not even 1mbps, on speedtest.net with it, i couldn't use the net at all with it.

But since the reboot the downstream is syncing bit lower at 36.8mbps and 2.7mbps Upstream.

My throughput speed now on few speedtests i done last night on speedtest.net & the TalkTalk speedtest one, the download speed gone up now to around 33mbps, but the upload sync and throughput speed is not buldging, staying same on just under 3mbps.

So just asking can my upload speed be tweaked or anything, can it be increased for my line, cause im a big gamer, and streamer on twitch etc, and upload speed is most important. My downstream speed, i think this is max my line can do, cause i dont live that close to the nearest green street cabinet im connected to.

I compared my stats to relative across the road from me, same street, She's also on TalkTalk fibre, has been for years, her downstream is syncing lower than mine, but she's getting better upload speed around 6mbps, so double of my one. Cheers

TalkTalk speedtest.pngTalkTalk speedtestrouter stats 1.pngRouter Statsrouter stats 2.pngRouter StatsCraig