cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Inconsistent wi-fi

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 57

I have had  the Huawei HG633 router for nearly 10 years. Whilst the fibre broaband speed coming into the house meets what Talk Talk guarantee, I experience WiFi inconsistency most days, with devices dropping connection, which requires frequent reboots of the old router to re-establish the WiFi connection.

I can see you offer a superior router to your new customers. As a customer of almost 18 years standing, could my old router please be upgraded? Thank you.

DP

0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 57

@KeithFrench I have just pm'd you with the screenshots and info requested.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 57

Hi @delypo 

I have never seen this 266, as you say it must be a new one. Does the documentation give a lights guide & if so what is it? What happens if you log into the router and go into Manage Advanced settings, then click on the gear icon for either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands. Then click on the Wi-Fi Mesh tab and the Overview and Extender sub-tabs. Please can you get me screenshots of these?

@Michelle-TalkTalk - I am going to PM you about this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 57

@Michelle-TalkTalk I've just watched the light sequence again. It actually turns from solid blue to intermittent flashing between blue and green, then changes to flashing orange for quite a while, then a brief solid green, to solid blue. All this takes about 3 minutes.

0 Likes

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 57

20240725_084607.jpg

0 Likes

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 57

@Michelle-TalkTalk each time the connection drops the status light starts flashing blue, then flashing green, then flashes orange until it becomes solid  orange followed by solid blue again once reconnected.

How do I establish the FW version please?

@KeithFrench thank you, but this particular version I have received (I'm assuming it maybe an updated one?) definitely only has one status light underneath. I will see if I can post a photo shortly.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 57

Yes I will be able to help later this morning. However, there are three lights on the 266, not one.  Please can you recheck them?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 57

Hi @delypo 

I'm sorry to hear this. Does the light change on the booster when this happens please? What version of FW is currently showing on the booster?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 57

@Debbie-TalkTalk  I am grateful to have received the Sagemcom F@st 266 UK V2 WiFi Booster this week thank you. However, whilst I have successfully paired it with my Sagemcom WiFi Hub 2 Fast 5464 Router (and on doing so achieve a steady blue status light on the Booster) within two and a half minutes the connection drops. It reconnects after a couple of minutes but then crashes again a couple of minutes later. This pattern keeps repeating itself over and over regardless of whether the Booster is in the same room as the Router or  if it is placed in an adjacent room.

I have tried rebooting both the Router and the Booster and also used the 'pin' reset button on the Booster and paired  it to the router again. All to no avail.

Can you or @KeithFrench offer help?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 57

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. It's looking like it might be the end of July before we can send the adapters.

Michelle

0 Likes

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 57

@Gliwmaeden2 

Thank you for taking the time to post a reply detailing the issue you too are experiencing.  Will wait to hear from @Debbie-TalkTalk in the week hopefully with a more positive update.

Message 12 of 57

@delypo, staff are away till Monday. 

However, I needed to ask them about wifi reach too, and was told there wouldn't be any available for several weeks  - possibly the end of July, if we're lucky.

So not just s few days.

I find myself wondering about supply chain issues, what with Red Sea troubles etc, but don't actually know where the extenders will be coming from!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 57

Good morning @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Do you have any better news for me on the supply of the Wi-Fi extender offered? Our WiFi signal continues to struggle around the home on devices restricted to the 2.4ghz network.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 57

Hi delypo

Our warehouse team have now advised that we're unable to send any extenders or boosts at the moment, we're sorry, but the team are working to get this sorted out as soon as we can. 

0 Likes

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 57

@Debbie-TalkTalk , that's frustrating as it's been almost two weeks now since it was promised. I hope to hear more positive news soon.

Thanks again for your ongoing efforts.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 57

Hi delypo

I have escalated this further as there appears to be a delay with sending the WIFI extenders.

Once I have more information then I will post back and let you know. I'm really sorry about the delays.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 57

Hi delypo

Apologies again for the delays. I will check on this again tomorrow.

Debbie

0 Likes

delypo
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 57

Morning @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Thanks for keeping track. No, we are still waiting and not heard anything regarding delivery.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 57

Hi delypo

Our warehouse team have escalated this order. Have you received any delivery notifications as yet?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 57

HI delypo

I'm really sorry about this. I can see that the order has been sent to fulfillment but not dispatched.

I've now escalated this to our warehouse team and asked that this is sent out ASAP.

0 Likes