cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Inconsistent wi-fi

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 127 of 127

I have had  the Huawei HG633 router for nearly 10 years. Whilst the fibre broaband speed coming into the house meets what Talk Talk guarantee, I experience WiFi inconsistency most days, with devices dropping connection, which requires frequent reboots of the old router to re-establish the WiFi connection.

I can see you offer a superior router to your new customers. As a customer of almost 18 years standing, could my old router please be upgraded? Thank you.

DP

0 Likes
126 REPLIES 126

Message 1 of 127

Hi @delypo 

That's great, I'm so glad to hear the WIFI has now improved 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 127

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

With the upgraded Fast 5474 router and Fast 266 supplied by TalkTalk following my original post, along with a second 266 booster I have purchased, WiFi has improved for me around the property. Thank you.

Message 3 of 127

Good afternoon,

Thanks for letting us know 🙂 How's your connection/Wifi been?

Michelle

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 127

@Chris-TalkTalk @Michelle-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I have now received a second returns bag and so all the hardware detailed in my post of 28th August has been returned to you today.

Message 5 of 127

Hi delypo,

I've ordered another returns bag, it should be with you within a couple of working days (unfortunately we can't just send a label)

Thanks

Chris

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 127

@Michelle-TalkTalk I have two returns bags but just one returns label. So I would appreciate another label please.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 127

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. If you'd like to return the older routers too then this would be fine. Do you need another returns bag?

Michelle

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 127

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I will now return  to you the failed Fast 266 Booster along with the Fast 5374 router that was sent recently for testing purposes. I will also send back the Huawei HG533 that was upgraded to the Fast 5474 when I initially instigated this post. I have also found two older Huawei routers.....can I return these to you as well? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 127

Good morning,

Thanks for the update and also for the lovely feedback for Keith 🙂 We all agree that he's an absolute gem 🙂

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 127

Hi @delypo 

You are very welcome, even if you know how to embarrass someone!

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 127

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk 

The replacement Fast 266 Booster arrived at the end of last week. Having followed the guidance given by Keith I am pleased to report the set up went smoothly and there were no issues when I moved it to the desired location. I have an excellent connection through it and this one has remained stable since set up and pairing.

I still have cold wi-fi spots in the house and so I have ordered a second Booster, via the Loyalty Dept for upstairs.

I would like to take this opportunity to say what a little gem TalkTalk has in @KeithFrench ! As a mere customer himself he goes above and beyond to help, guide and advise  others with their WiFi issues, liaising with the team at TalkTalk if necessary. His perseverance, patience, assistance and prompt responses via DM were a big help in getting things sorted for me.

So, anyone else who is offered Keith's help, take him up on it, even if you're not particularly tech savvy, he will guide you step by step. 

Thank you too, to the TalkTalk team on this Community forum who responded promptly and positively.

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 127

@KeithFrench I will do.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 127

Hi @delypo @Debbie-TalkTalk 

I might be making another recommendation for the V2 266 based on another customer. I know that you have factory reset your routers several times, but just to be on the safe side, please can you do it again before connecting the 266?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 14 of 127
0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 127

@Debbie-TalkTalk PM sent

Message 16 of 127

Thanks @delypo 

The WIFI extender is on its way, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Thank you for also confirming that you have tried the factory reset. I will await your PM with the extender serial number 🙂

0 Likes

delypo
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 127

@Debbie-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

I have factory reset the F266 booster with the same outcome....solid blue light for couple of minutes, then signal drops and lights follow pattern as I detailed below. Reconnects for a couple of minutes then drops again, and so on.

I will send you a pm @Debbie-TalkTalk with the serial no.

And @KeithFrench I will follow your instructions on set up when I receive the replacement F266 and will report back.

Message 18 of 127

@delypo 

Sorry me again. Could you also send me a Private Message with the serial number from the extender?

0 Likes

Message 19 of 127

Hi @delypo 

Could you factory reset on the extender please? (Just for testing)

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 127

Hi @delypo 

That is what I wanted @Debbie-TalkTalk to offer you. Now that your router is definitely running V202, please could you follow this extra step when setting the new one up, it is only based on my guesswork, rather than anything official from TalkTalk:-

With the F266 near the router, after a successful WPS connection, leave the F266 where it is for 30 mins to allow for firmware updates and then, if stable, it can be turned off & relocated to its desired location.

Thanks.

Keith