Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't get fibre in my block of flats

2 REPLIES 2
JaneyR33
Chatterbox

Hi there

My contract is up for renewal at the end of this month. I'd like to upgrade to Fibre 65 but have been told by my neighbour that we don't have full fibre in our street yet, but we do have 'fibre to cabinet'. He's also been advised by BT that we only get 31Mbps speed in our block of flats, so that anything higher is not worth considering.

Is there anyway of checking what capabilities we have in our flat specifically, before I renew my contract? I'd like to upgrade to the faster one but no point if we can't get it! Not sure how to check and would ideally like to speak to someone, hence my post here.

Thanks

Jane

martswain
Philosopher

Use this checker to see available speeds.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If it's only FTTC, speeds depend on length of your phone line to the cabinet so if your neighbour says the speeds are below 40, then if a product is available from TT it will be Fibre 35.

Nobody has posted anywhere on these forums as to how Future Fibre/FTTP will be provided to blocks of flats

Martin
JaneyR33
Chatterbox

Hi Martin

That's great, thank you. The link is really useful. Wow, I had no idea there were different types of fibre like that or that Future Fibre was an actual thing!

We're on the equivalent of Fibre 35 at the moment, so will go with that, as the checker suggests that's what we can access.

Thanks again!

Jane