Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Boost.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Participant

Hi All,

I renewed my contract yesterday and added the fibre boost. This went through sometime last night and my line stats have increased. From reading on here I turned off the router for around an hour but the download speed still seems to be capped.

Is there a waiting period for the exchange to up the speed relative to the line stats? Have connected at test socket and download speed is around 30Mb/s and upload 15Mb/s. Slightly less using wifi. Was advised an 'average' speed around 63, however given my line stats I would expect more than 30. Only one socket in the house, router connected beside it and phone line is clear/no noise.

Would appreciate any advice,

Amy.

Edit: If I've missed anything obvious please feel free to reply, I think the staff here work oldest posts first so I'm happy to sit tight and wait if not.

Edit 2: @KeithFrench  Thanks Keith for taking the time to reply. If you could ask that would be great thank you. Profile is filled out. Happy to wait for an OCE response before I brave the phone support. Cheers, Amy.

Router Stats.jpg

Highlighted
Community Star

Your router is sync'd up at nearly 69M, but if your speedtests on both wired & wireless connections are slow, I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Amy991 

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 66.2mb.

Please can you try powering down the router again for a full 30 minutes and then run a wired speed test following this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll be away now until the middle of next week so I'll do that when I return.

Just one other thing if you have a minute. When I renewed, the agent said I would receive the new Wifi hub as I'd added the fibre boost. Could you possibly check if that order has been processed? Would mean when I get back I could disconnect my old router and leave it as you suggested and then hook up the new one.

Thanks again for the help and I'll update how I get on next week.

Amy.

Highlighted

Hi Amy

Apologies, this doesn't appear to have been sent. I would suggest contacting our Customer Service Team as they can check this and discuss sending this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks for the heads up Debbie. When I was renewing I tried to get a new TV box and Wifi Hub but the TV box was a no go, however it was stated I'd get the new router.

It turns out that was an error and the Hub is for new customers or those changing from broadband to Faster Fibre but not just adding the Fibre boost as I was. Anyway, I've now ordered the Wi-Fi Hub via the chat for £30 on Sat 16th .

Could you possibly check that this order has gone through as nothing is showing in the order tracker on my account?

I'll disconnect the router as you suggested when I'm home next week and see if the speed improves.

Thanks,

Amy.

Highlighted

Hi Amy

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that the router has been ordered, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

I'm pleased to report that the speed has now increased significantly. No problems with multiple devices and the connection is very stable. Thanks very much for your help and advice.

The new Wi-fi Hub I ordered on Sat 16th has not arrived yet. Could you possibly check the order status again if you have a minute?

Thanks again,

Amy.TTSpeedtest2.jpg

Highlighted

Hi Amy

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

I've asked our escalations team to look into the router order as this is not showing as dispatched as yet, apologies for this.

If you post back on this thread tomorrow then I can check for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Debbie,

Thanks, during the chat the agent had an issue accessing my account and it took a while to place the Hub order. It's no problem as everything is working well here, I'll post back tomorrow and see if you have an update.

Thanks,

Amy.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Participant

Hello again Debbie,

The Hub has been delivered today so that's everything sorted.

Thanks so much for your help 🙂

Amy.

Highlighted

Hi Amy

That's great, thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Debbie