Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Faster Fibre Speed slow down

7 REPLIES 7
wiltons13
Popular Poster

Hi. A couple of days ago my internet was down for around 18hours. Its now working fine but I have lost quite a bit of speed.

Download has gone from around 50mbps to 40mbps and upload has halved from 12mbps to 6mbps.

I have gone through online chat but with no avail. Im now getting the same speed I was before upgrading to faster fibre. Faster fibre seems pointless if im getting the same speed as the fibre broadband.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Wilton's, have you tried, once, a 30 minute restart? Switch off the router, go for a walk read a book, then restart at least 30mins later. This can cause DLM to re-evaluate your connection. Do it more than once and DLM can go the wrong way.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
wiltons13
Popular Poster

Hi. I have tried that as the router was unplugged for hours when it was down. I can try again I suppose.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Wilton's, it's worth a try, in the meantime your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear back on Monday.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
wiltons13
Popular Poster

Thanks for that 🙂

Community Team

Hi wiltons13,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

wiltons13
Popular Poster
Updated Profile.
Community Team

Hi wiltons13,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks