Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fibre Hub - Firmware and static routes question

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
TFibreCustomer755
First Timer

Hi there support,

We had our TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub replaced and the new router is running firmware version SG4K10001400t. Please could you you update this to the latest version?

We have noticed the new modem is not showing new operator log entries. Our previous modem always shows who connects and disconnects with the time and date and device name. Is this normal? 

Also should a new modem come with static route rules built in? We've had rules not added by us appear and suddenly disappear with different gateway addresses. We had 2 previous rules but these no longer show since logging out this afternoon. 

This is currently what we have and cannot delete them. Is this normal? (See JPG attached) 

Static routes.jpg

Thank you. 

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

The system log problem is a big I reported some time ago. Don't worry about the static routes.

If you reboot the router it will probably update itself to 2600.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
TFibreCustomer755
First Timer

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll reboot the router shortly or keep an eye out for the update if it happens overnight. 

One of the reasons I was concerned about the static routes entries was because two previous entries were pointing to an unknown DNS server and I was unable to delete the static entry. I  manually changed the DNS servers back to the official TalkTalk ones and this now seems correct. 

I hope they fix the bug with the logging as the previous router (that we had replaced) showed devices I did not recognise connecting to the router. Is access control based on authorised MAC addresses something that will be introduced  at some point as I can't seem to find this option.

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

I am pleased to see when I said "big" I meant "bug"! I passed this over to them quite a while ago, there is new firmware under test currently, but there is no release date for it & as yet I have no knowledge of what it fixes.

When you say "Is access control based on authorised MAC addresses something that will be introduced at some point as I can't seem to find this option." do you mean MAC address filtering, as that is already available in the WiFi config in each band, it is not under Access Control. If not, please can you elaborate on this some more.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi TFibreCustomer755,

I can confirm that your router is now running the latest firmware version (2600t)

Chris

Highlighted
TFibreCustomer755
First Timer

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply. I can confirm the firmware of the router has now been updated to version 2600t.

Highlighted
Community Team