Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent broadband

9 REPLIES 9
ToneTone
Team Player

Hi

I have a SageCom FAST 5364 router and typically get speeds of around 37 Mb/s download. 

Several times each day however the connection drops - sometimes for 10 minutes or more. I now have a routine of logging onto the router, going to the "Internet Settings" page and then I see the red 'X' on the connectivity diagram change to a green tick, after which all is ok again.

My perception is that this in increasing in frequency.

What can I do?

Regards

Tony

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ToneTone,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable for the last 5 days. Just to confirm, has the connection remained stable since your last post?

Does this affect wired and wireless?

Thanks

ToneTone
Team Player

Hi Michelle

The problem is less frequent at the moment, but still exists.

As an example, it dropped around 0931 this morning on a wired connection.  It restarted when I logged onto the router, and went to the Internet Settings page where I could see the right-hand ‘X’ change to a green tick after a few seconds.  When that happened, everything started working again.

It feels like I have a defective router that drops its wired and wireless connections periodically.

Regards

ToneTone

OCE_Michelle

Hi ToneTone,

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have an alternative router that you could test with to rule this out?

Thanks

ToneTone
Team Player

Hi Michelle

Unfortunately not.  I have plugged the router directly into the master socket, although I thing the problem is on the house side of the router, not the street.  No difference in behaviour.

Regards

Tony

OCE_Michelle

Hi Tony,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

ToneTone
Team Player

Hi Michelle

That would be great, many thanks.

ToneTone

OCE_Karl

Hi

A replacement router is on the way to you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

ToneTone
Team Player

Karl

many thanks. Is there a tracking number available?

regards

tonetone

OCE_Karl

Hi

No yet.  There may be one later when the logistics teams have updated the account.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE