Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My Sagemcom Wi-Fi hub refuses auto access to my Netgear extender

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Dear All,

I changed my router to the new Sagemcom Wi-Fi hub last year and it has certainly improved the Wi-Fi throughout the house. However it only gives an 80% signal upstairs, so I thought I'd use a Netgear AC750 (EX6000)   Wi-Fi extender between my PC and the router. Once connected the signal strength was 100%.

My PC  is Quad core, has 1.25 TB memory and 16 GB of RAM and runs Windows 7 64bit

The problem is that every time I turn on the computer, it will not automatically connect to the extender. Consequently I have to click on the internet icons at the bottom RH corner of my screen and manually connect to the extender, every time I switch on the PC

Friends have told me to GOTO  :-

1)Control Panel

2)Network sharing centre

3)  Manage wireless networks and place my extender at the top of the list of available networks.

4)  Click on the APPLY icon

The trouble is, there is no APPLY icon in that last window and the computer then re-arranges the order of the networks when next I switch it on.

Is there another way to ensure that the computer automatically connects to my extender, when I switch it on?

John

John Calton
Highlighted
Highlighted
Philosopher

@John30444 

Is there anything of help for your problem via this link:-

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Sagemcom+Wi-Fi+hub+refuses+auto+access+to+my+Netg...

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John,

How are you getting on, have you checked out I8this's link?

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Dear Ferguson,
Many thanks for the info. I've spent several years trying to prevent Microsoft from down loading "support updates" which try to trick me into taking up its offer of Windows 10. Several years ago I stupidly believed my more informed friends and Microsoft,, when they suggested that Windows 10 was the way forward and downloaded it onto my laptop. When it did not run, I tried reverting to Windows 7 and the machine was wrecked. I have only partially got it working again, by replacing the hard drive.
All my machines run Windows 7 and I have set in motion a plan to keep this excellent OS going until I die!
By the way most of my friends are now bemoaning the fact that they moved to Windows 10,
Best wishes,
John

John Calton
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for the info.

Will read through it tomorrow.

Best wishes,

John

John Calton
Highlighted
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I've looked at the web page for about an hour now and it was most informative. Many thanks for that info.

However, I'm now more confused than ever, especially after using a Wi-Fi Analyzer on my phone.

It seems that at 75, my brain has given up on the mysteries of modern electronics. So I'll go back to boat building and accept that I have to change the network connection over each time I turn my computer on.

Best wishes,

John

John Calton
Highlighted
Philosopher

@John30444 

Hi John being a couple of years younger that you I know that feeling, just glad I have a son who took Electronics with Computing course,s at university so at least I have someone to turn to if I need help.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions.