Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New service - syncing at 40mbps only

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I have recently moved house and been able to rejoin Talktalk.

My contract documents all state that my package includes the Fibre Speed Boost free for 18 months - it's my understanding this will take my speeds from 40mbps upto 80mbps (or the max my line will allow in my case).

The service went live yesterday, and the Wifi Hub is showing the sync speed as being 40mbps (down) - despite the attainable being 60mbps down. Similarly the up sync speed is showing as exactly 10mbps.

Could you confirm that the Fibre Speed Boost is active on my account, and should allow me to get closer to my 60mbps attainable speeds?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi biohead, welcome back. Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Biohead

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Highlighted

Hi Biohead

There is a system issue at our side which is stopping the boost activating, So I've reported this to the team responsible.

I will let you know when they reply.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Hi OCE Team,

Is there any update on this?
I briefly connected up a different VDSL modem last night in order to gather some line stats - this confirmed the line itself is good for speeds above 40mbps.

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi Biohead

Sorry I havn't had a response yet,  I will request an Update and let you know when they reply. 

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Arne,

I'm guessing there's been no response as yet?

Would it be possible to arrange some sort of bill credit whilst this is outstanding - hopefully to spur the relevant team on?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Biohead

Sorry no response,  I am going to pass this to our CEO office who hopefully will be able to sort this out. 

Highlighted
Team Player

This may sound dumb, but you have power cycled your router?

Turn the router off for a minimum of 30 mins, then power it up, this needs to be done to allow the DLM to apply the boost

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Yep, I have done the occasional reboot but to nought. I'm avoiding doing it too often to prevent DLM kicking in.

It's definitely a profile issue, as the boost isn't showing in my account and the broadband is capped at exactly 39999kbps every time it tries to establish a connection.

Highlighted

Hi Biohead

Have you been contacted by a Complaints Manager from our CEO's Office?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
HI Debbie,

No I have not yet had any contact from the CEO Office.

Thanks
Highlighted

Hi Biohead

Thanks for your reply.

If you don't receive a call today then please let us know and we will chase for an update.

Debbie