would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Order was cancelled without telling me

8 REPLIES 8
mjanthony1995
First Timer

Good morning,

I'm pretty confused about what is going on, to be honest.

I initially placed an order for Faster Fibre to be activated on 3rd December, however, I still hadn't received my router. I checked the website and the account section just showed: "Sorry, we're unable to find the page you're looking for."

So I called up to check where it was and I was told my order had been cancelled, something to do with "not purchasing a TV package" — which made zero sense as I was purchasing broadband ONLY.

I was advised to make a new order, which I have done and my activation date has moved to 16th December which isn't ideal but it seems I have no choice there.

I want to make sure that this order is not cancelled, especially without telling me again — the account section is still completely broken and doesn't tell me anything. Please, can someone confirm that this will definitely not be cancelled?

Original order: N70727854

New order: N71137175

Many thanks,

Michael

mjanthony1995
First Timer

@OCE_Chris@OCE_Debbie@OCE_Michelle@OCE_Arne@OCE_Karl — I believe you guys work for TalkTalk, are any of you able to help me here, please?

Community Team

Hi @mjanthony1995

I've checked the new order and it all looks to be going ahead as planned, And is due to go live on the 16th. 

As for the old order was cancelled as the TV part of the order cancelled, this unfortunately stopped the entire order. 

If you post back nearer to the go live date we can check for updates. 

Hope that helps. 

mjanthony1995
First Timer

@OCE_Arne, thank you so much for getting back to me.

I'm still a bit confused about the old order having a TV part, as there was no mention of this during checkout or in my order confirmation emails — this isn't likely to happen again is it?

Many thanks,

Michael

mjanthony1995
First Timer

@OCE_Arne, it's happened again 😞

Apparently another company has cancelled the order. According to your support, it's an existing provider that won't allow the line to be transferred. It also apparently doesn't say who this "existing provider" is.

What should my next steps be?

Community Team

Hi mjanthony1995

Can I just confirm that you actually live at the property that you are ordering the line too? 

For another provider to cancel the order it would have to be initiated by the account holder of that provider.

mjanthony1995
First Timer

Yes, I do live at this property and I am the homeowner also.

Many thanks,

Michael Anthony

Community Team

Thanks, I will see if I can find someone who can explain whats going on. 

Community Team

Hi. @mjanthony1995

The orders placed where to take over the numbers, You need to place a New Line order which will give you a new number.