Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speeds not as advertised

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Participant

Evening all. I’ve been with talk talk for the last 3 years. I’m currently tied in till November next year. I’m on fibre broadband. Yet I’m getting speeds Of around 13meg.  However I’m promised a minimum of 35meg. How is this right. This is not an old problem, nor is it a hardware problem as I got the newest router and the speeds are still as poor as with the older hardware. 

Virgin media are now finally in my area,  and I feel like talk talk are not delivering what is promised. 

the faster fibre only guarantees an extra 1.5meg so not worth going for that. Latency is shocking poor. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. I feel my only option is to walk away from this contract.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@ChrisChillin35  please wait for one of the staff to do some checks and come back to u on this they should reply with in a few days

A bite of info of Forum:
The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time,(excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:- Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

please do not post any personal info on here as full public 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ChrisChillin35

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 13.1mb. 

Is the router connected at the test socket? 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant
Sorry for not responding sooner, no it is plugged into the usual socket. I only have the one socket. It used to sit around 21-23 about 12 months ago. However it’s been on a downward spiral ever since.
Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test which is still clear. Would it be possible to re-connect the router back at the test socket whilst we are looking into the slow sync speed? If there is no improvement at the test socket over the weekend then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit as I can see from your first post that you've already tested with a different router.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Im not at home for a few days unfortunately, however when I do go home I will do as you’ve said. I will let you know when I’ve put it into the test socket. 

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Ok thank you and we'll wait to hear back from you. Just to add to this, it can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to makes changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Hi, just to let you know I’ve put the router into the test socket. Thanks
Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update. I've re-checked the connection stats and the sync speed has dropped. I've also re-run the line tests again which are still clear. Is the router still connected to the test socket since your last post as the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

yes that’s correct. It’s been left in the test socket since my last post. 

Highlighted

Hi

All tests are clear, so no obvious issues.  There has been some maintenance on your circuit recently so I cannot rule this out as having an impact.  I've also a router on the way to you so hardware can be ruled out before we send an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

I shall await the new router and will see if there has been a difference.  What timescales are we looking at from delivery to you deciding that an engineer visit is necessary? 

thanks. 

Highlighted

Hi

Router should arrive tomorrow.

Connect up and we can give it 24 or 48hrs to see if errors diminish and dlm increases or decide on an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Brill, no problem. 

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
New router is plugged in.
Highlighted

Hi

My fibre test is still picking up a possible copper joint issue.  I've logged this to Openreach asking them to take a look.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

Ok. If you let me know What’s occurring so I can make sure I’m home if I need to be. 

Highlighted

Will Do.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Participant

Just had a phone call from open reach wanting access to my property to fix/look at the issue. I’m working today and tomorrow unfortunately, I will be at home monday after 11am till Tuesday PM. The guy said that this job will be sent back and rearranged. Can we rearrange this please.