would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

VPN issue

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Visitor

Please help.

I am trying to work from home and manage a team of staff which is proving impossible due to VPN issues. I am able to connect to VPN however the internal systems and hard drives I need access to I cannot access due the VPN being blocked. This has worked previously when using a laptop on WIFI however it is not working when connected to an Ethernet Cable. I have a number of staff unable to work due to the same issue.

I have spoken to out IT department and the issue seems to be the VPN is bring back an address of 92.242.132.16 and it should be bring back the address of 10.1.0.17 the same as it does on WIFI.

I have tried call and was advised the department that needs to assist is taking too many calls due to COVID-19 and I need to call back in 2-3 hours to see if the calls have decreased. I requested a call back and was advised this is not possible even when I asked for no set time and just a call back within 24 hours again this is not possible. I find it strange if you are not scheduling call backs to resolve the issues people are experiencing this will just continue to drive calls into your already reduced staffed department due to the current situation. In all honesty I felt like COVID-19 was being used as an excuse for not being able to resolve mine and my teams issues when really it is just not an effective way to run a department with already reduced numbers.

Can you please assist with the issues so I can get myself and my team set up work to enable us to work from home!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Caper_1979

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Visitor
Hi Debbie,

I can confirm this has been updated.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Caper_1979

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've checked and your router has the latest firmware version and this should work ok with VPN.

Can I just check if you have also tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for 10 seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Caper_1979

Can you also confirm the VPN client you are using?

Thanks

Highlighted
Visitor
Hi Debbie,

I have tried the router reset and so have my team to no avail. Our VPN is part of Microsoft which is called Office VPN
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Caper_1979

Thanks for your reply.

Could you log into My Account and check if scam protection is showing as enabled? 

Debbie