cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Awful customer service

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

Internet has been down since yesterday lunchtime due to incompetent Openreach employee working on a fault at another property.

Reported via your useless website and just got the standard "it's broken" response, stating 2-3 days for BT to fix their own problem.

Tried contacting TT today via the chat.

Sat for 15 mins waiting for an expert to just start the chat but nothing.

No response to any of my messages.

WFH so a 2-3 day downtime is not acceptable, based on it being Openreach's fault in the first place!

The only info I have is that they are looking into the problem but this has not been updated since yesterday afternoon.

It seems as though TT has no regard for paying customers and is happy to just let them struggle with a lack of support.

Customer Service is non-existent and almost impossible to reach unless you are planning to leave when suddenly, you get a UK based person on the line!!

Guess that you get what you pay for so might be time to look elsewhere.

How do I get an up to date, real response and solution to this issue?

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 21 of 35

Hi

I have raised a complaint and escalated this over to our faults escalation team. They will make contact with you as soon as possible.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 35

From the link that you sent, it appears that the only way to raise a complaint is to use the bloody awful chat system on your website.

This might be OK if anyone actually answered the chat and it didn't take 30 mins to explain it all again and have them run checks that do nothing but waste time.

Please have someone from your complaints team contact me.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 35

Hi

The fault is in hand with Openreach, they have not advised why there have been delays. It could be a high workload in the area.

If you wish to discuss your contract then you would need to contact our Loyalty Team directly.

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 35

Absolutely not!!

The 19th will be 7 days from when they caused the issue and is unacceptable.

How do I get this escalated today?

Neither OR or TT can just continue to push the can down the road so if it isn't resolved by the end of today, I will be cancelling my contract on the basis of breach of service!!

0 Likes

Message 25 of 35

Hi

I've just spoken to Openreach and they have advised that the line engineer is assigned on this fault and is scheduled on 19-March (external fault investigation)

I'm really sorry again for the delays and I will continue to monitor for updates.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 35

Hi

I completely understand and apologies again for the delays.

I will post back as soon as I have spoken to Openreach,

Our complaints process can be found here Raising a complaint

Our auto compensation policy is here About your auto compensation credit

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 35

Appreciate that this isn't your fault but what a complete farce!

Openreach have screwed it up but can't be bothered to sort out the problem and I am left with no Internet, no useful communication and unable to work.

Please advise how I escalate this to an official complaint?

I will not be paying TT for service that you cannot provide so expect a refund.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

Hi

Openreach have not updated the fault ticket since yesterday. I will contact them this morning and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 35

Hi

I have just spoken to Openreach and they have advised that the fault is still open and the engineer is scheduled to investigate and work on this fault today.

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 35

Have now received the same message again!!

Internet still not working, still unable to do my job and a complete lack of constructive communication from TT or Openreach.

I need this sorted out today!!

0 Likes

Message 31 of 35

Hi

Openreach have not closed the fault or advised that this is fixed so I'm not sure why you have received this message, apologies for this.

I will let you know as soon as Openreach provide us with an update on the fault.

0 Likes

Hackedoff27
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 35

Hello

Just received a text from openreach saying they "think" it has been fixed but it has not!!

Still have no Internet and router is not connecting.

The only option given in the text is to reply that it is fixed so basically they have done nothing.

Useless!!

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 35

Hi

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, there are no additional updates at the moment.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 34 of 35

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been passed to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor this fault for additional updates and I will post back on this thread as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes