cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Black Huawei router rebooting

johnny95
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Hi,

I’ve had the black Huawei router for a while now. At first it rebooted itself once every 1 to 2 months. However in the last couple of weeks it’s started rebooting several times a day. 

I tried resetting the router to the factory settings (using a paper clip) This didn’t fix the issue. So I powered down the router for an hour. After this it stayed on for a couple of days but today it’s rebooted three times already. 

Could it be overheating? Anyway please could you send out a replacement router to see if that fixes the issue? I didn’t have this problem with the previous router. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 26

Try using the Edit > Find feature in your browser menu bar when your are on the logs page, type in "kernel panic" and see if you get any results. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

I can see a user log. There’s also a firewall log and a Debug log. 

Here is a screenshot of the user log

IMG_0356.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

Can't recall exactly for that model. But log into your router as normal and click through advanced settings, you should find a "maintenance" option and logs should be in there. 

0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

Thanks Ferguson. How do I check the router logs? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

Have you checked the router logs to see what may be causing the resets? If there are any incidents of kernel panic then these have been known to affect that model and there is a fix available, have look and let us know. Other than that the support team will of course respond and offer appropriate help as soon as they can, bear in mind with a long weekend upon us that this may not be until the early part of next week. 

0 Likes