cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Black Huawei router rebooting

johnny95
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Hi,

I’ve had the black Huawei router for a while now. At first it rebooted itself once every 1 to 2 months. However in the last couple of weeks it’s started rebooting several times a day. 

I tried resetting the router to the factory settings (using a paper clip) This didn’t fix the issue. So I powered down the router for an hour. After this it stayed on for a couple of days but today it’s rebooted three times already. 

Could it be overheating? Anyway please could you send out a replacement router to see if that fixes the issue? I didn’t have this problem with the previous router. 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Message 2 of 26

Hi, Debbie

To be honest I think it’s fine so you don’t need to do the tests. I’ll keep monitoring it and let you know if I decide to go ahead with them. 

Thanks again,

John.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi John

The connection will drop for a short time whilst I'm running the line tests.

Would you like me to run this tomorrow morning at 7am instead?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Thanks for your quick reply. That would be great. As long as it doesn’t affect my connection now? If it doesn’t then please can you do that. I have a 65.1 mbps download. One other thing I noticed that my download and upload speeds were exactly the same as before which suggests the connection didn’t go. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

The connection time could be wrong. Would you like me to run a line test and check if I can see any reconnections?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi,

Just a quick update. The Sagemcom WiFi hub 2 has been working fine and I have a faster connection compared with the Huawei. It’s been very reliable so far and has been online for 30 days exactly. However this morning I logged into my router settings and the “current connection time” data had just reset. However my connection never went off as I was online at the time. It stated online for 6 minutes but I had been using the internet at the time so I know it didn’t go down. Just out of interest can the “current connection time” be displayed wrong? 

I’m just curious, but it’s been working fine so far.

Cheers, 

John. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi

Sure, I've sent one out to you now.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 8 of 26

Upon checking, unfortunately I don't have a returns bag. Would you be able to send one out?

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Ok, thanks 👍

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi

If you can please. There should be a returns bag in with the router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hi Karl,

My router has arrived. I’ll be connecting it later. Do I need to send the other one back? As I don’t want to be charged for it. 

thanks,

John.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Thanks, Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi

A replacement is on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Hi Michelle,

Unfortunately the router has rebooted twice this morning. So the firmware hasn’t fixed the problem. Please could I try a replacement? I’m thinking of purchasing an Amazon Eero to use with an Openreach white modem which I originally had from TalkTalk. Would you be able to send one out for free or only the black Huawei? 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Morning,

Thanks for the update and we'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Ok thanks, Karl. I’ll keep monitoring it. So far it’s been online since Friday afternoon. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi

I've made a change to the firmware, see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 20 of 26

Unfortunately I can’t find anything stating edit. I’ll have to wait for the support team, next week. Maybe it’s the power adapter for the router, I’m not sure. Thanks anyway.

0 Likes