cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband cuts out

Roman4
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

• Thanks for your help on faulty router - received a new one & is connecting - however, after monitoring service for a while it looks like the signal is cutting out every 15 minutes or so, it loses connection & then comes back after 30secs - 1.5 minutes - happening at the same time every hour - I see this is becoming a common problem with other users - please contact with a resolution.
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi - As soon as the wifi optimisation was switched off (8th March), I have had no connection interruptions - service back to normal - thanks

Message 3 of 16

Good morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Has your connection been ok over the weekend?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 16

Hi Chris - used internet for most of the day - I can report that there were no connection errors as soon as WIFi optimisation was switched off - I didn't even have to manually change channel. This WiFi optimisation default mode is going to cause an issue for more TalkTalk customers. After 2 weeks, my connection is now ok - thanks for your time.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

OK, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Ok, thanks Chris - I'll change channel soon & see if there's a difference

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

OK, I've switched it off so you can now manually change your wifi channel without wifi optimisation changing it back

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Yes please - please confirm it has been switched off

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

OK thanks. Your current wifi channel is congested so I can disable wifi optimisation to allow you to manually change the wifi channel. Would you like to give this a try?

Chris

Message 10 of 16

Landline is ok, ethernet is ok - wireless connection to mobile, TV & tablet all drop signal for a minute or so & then reconnect again. This happens 4 times every hour at approx. 5 mins, 20 mins, 35 mins & 50mins. Old router had no problem before solid amber light appeared. Had this replacement & this problem for 2 weeks now!!!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi Roman4,

When you say that you monitored your phone connection, is that your landline telephone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi - I've plugged laptop directly to router & monitored phone connection at the same time - the phone loses signal every 15 minutes for up to a minute or so, but the wired connection is constant.

I've seen other users mention WIFI optimisation mode. Can you please switch this off for my router.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Roman4

If the connection is also dropping when connected wired then we will need to arrange an engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16
Hi

I've only been using Wireless - this was not happening with the original router which became stuck on a solid amber light on 23rd Feb. Since then, I have used another FAST 5364 plus the replacement, which was received 1st March - both of these drop connection 4 times every hour at the same time every hour. This is happening on TV, tablet, laptop & mobile - on both bands 2.4 & 5 GHz - can't be router issue, as 2 are doing the same, also 4 different devices I'm using - this must be a known problem with TalkTalk - cutting out at the same time 4 times every hour - I still have to check wired connection

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable for 48hrs. Can I just confirm, does the connection also drop if you connect wired?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes