cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband dropout & speed reduction

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 31

Hi - We have been having short (2 - 3 minute) broadband interruptions for a while now and the internet speed is also below the guaranteed level although still usable.  Connection test says there could be a line fault but line test says unable to identify a fault on the line.

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Hi

Thanks for confirming that speeds have increased.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 31

Ok - left Router off for nearly an hour, now speed back up to over 40Mbs.  Thanks for that.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

Hi again,

Ok thanks for confirming. Could you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speeds again please as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 31

Hi Michelle, we're getting around 30Mbs which is still very usable but not the 40+ we used to get.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 31

Morning,

Thanks for the update. What speeds are you currently seeing at the moment please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 31

Hi - Openreach repaired the line yesterday but the broadband speed is still below guaranteed minimum. Does something else need to be done?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 31
0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 31

Thanks for that

0 Likes

Message 9 of 31

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow afternoon - January 09 2024, PM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 31

Preferably the pm slot but am ok

0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 31

That would be good if possible

0 Likes

Message 12 of 31

Do you just want me to book the first available appointment, we can usually get next working day or the working day after?

Chris

0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 31

Yes I accept potential charges and can provide availability weekday 8-18hrs (by prior agreement only)

0 Likes

Message 14 of 31

At this stage we will need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 31

Is this definitely an issue at my end requiring an engineer?  Odds are its the last bit off copper to the house.

If an engineer visit is required then yes please arrange.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

OK, thanks for testing. Would you like us to arrange an engineer visit? If you would then we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

SoF00
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 31

Morning, 6 broadband dropout and 3 minute recovers over the weekend.  Internet speed still only 33Mbps, guaranteed is 39Mbps and I used to get over 40Mbps so there is still a problem. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 31
0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Ok thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for your help

0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

OK thanks. Could you monitor the connection over the weekend to see if there's any improvement. If there isn't then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to your home

Chris

0 Likes