cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband not working

jamespb407
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

My broadband has been down since last night.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi @jamespb407

Fault reported Friday19th resolved Wed 23rd, Auto Compensation is applicable for 1 day.  

Your cancellation fee is over £200 that would not be waived. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

I'd post afresh in the billing section but with reference to this thread, @jamespb407.

If it wasn't a line fault (just a router) they may quibble as it won't necessarily show on their records. 

And it won't be for a huge amount of time as the first few days are allowed for resolving the fault.

Details of how automatic compensation works:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

I'd post afresh in the billing section but with reference to this thread, @jamespb407.

If it wasn't a line fault (just a router) they may quibble as it won't necessarily show on their records. 

And it won't be for a huge amount of time as the first few days are allowed for resolving the fault.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

are you able to advise on the status of compensation for this previous outage? It has been 28 days and I have received nothing from Talktalk on the compensation I am due, and have previously asked for my exit fee to be waived as a result of this outage and told to await compensation

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi james,

I'm glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

Message 6 of 17

Good morning

The replacement router has arrived and the connection has been restored.
I will send back the old model tomorrow.

Message 7 of 17

Morning james,

Ok thank you for the update.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

No. I understand it was ordered Saturday and so hopefully tomorrow it will arrive

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi

Did the router arrive today ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi james,

Thanks for the update. Yes please and we'll check back in with you later on this afternoon to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

I am receiving a replacement router today to test if that is the problem. Should I start that up as normal when it arrives?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which is clear but the line is not showing in sync. Does your main socket have a test socket please? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi @jamespb407 

Apologies for the delay. We are still experiencing some system issues at the moment affecting line tests.

I will post back to confirm once this has been resolved so we can run some tests.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

I have done this 

0 Likes

jamespb407
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 17

I have added my number

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi @jamespb407 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes