cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband router issue

Edd24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Help! My broadband/fiber router has stopped working I have tried the help pages to no avail. The light was flashing Amber but after the 20 minute power down it is now steady Amber but still no Internet can anyone help me resolve this?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Edd24

My apologies, I misunderstood. If you would prefer to keep using the old router this will be fine.

Please can you return the new router using the returns bag.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

I didn't change box as fault stopped do I need to swap or can I send new one back just a fax setting up all devices.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Edd24

Thanks for your reply.

If the new router has resolved the fault then please can you return the old router using the pre paid returns bag (within the next couple of weeks)

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Sorry for delay I have been on holiday. My new box has arrived and my BB has settled down do I need to swap boxes also do I need to return old one before certain date?

Message 5 of 17

HI Edd

Thanks for your reply.

Do any lights change on the Openreach modem?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Yes it is on a side board not in a cupboard or anything.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Edd

Is the router kept in a well ventilated space? The router should not stop working after such a short time.

I have linked to our help page too.

About your auto compensation credit

Message 8 of 17

Can you please send the link for compensation.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

I have had a total of three routers up to now so will be on my forth the other issues were previous years.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Yes

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 17

@Edd24, so the current faulty router is the one that is only a couple of months old?

Previous issue in February, this year, @Debbie-TalkTalk.

@Edd24 the compensation link was sent out to you in your thread in February. It covers total loss of service, but can't be calculated till after the issue is resolved. It is a generous amount per day to cover your extra costs of using data etc and the inconvenience. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Edd

When did you last replace the router? Was this only recently?

If the same fault is still present with the replacement router then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Edd24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

No change. It just stopped working this morning! Is there nothing I can do to fix it while I wait plus will I be compensated as I need my Internet for work and for my family and I have had this happen 3 times now where I have had to install a new router and be without Internet while waiting to resolve all the faults I have had since being a customer of talk talks!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Edd

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Has anything changed with your set up since the installation?

0 Likes

Edd24
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

I suppose so but what do I do in the meantime this isn't the first time this has happened I can't keep putting up with talk talks poor service.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi Edd24

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear. Are you happy for me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes