cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband upload service near non-existent - download good.

retired2000
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi

I'm trying to help my sister with her Fibre 35 connection. She is very old, non technical, and can't deal with this herself.

The download speed at her house is very good at 20 and that's no problem. But the upload speed is 0.4. It used to be around 5. This makes sending emails extremely hit and miss.

I'd like to send a private message to you giving her telephone number and account details and ask if this could, please, be investigated by TT.

Many thanks

David

David. Interested in mending things electrical and mechanical.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

No problem David 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

retired2000
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Hi Chris. That's all good and I'll tell my sister that you have solved her problem. All very efficient and straightforward.

Thanks again and kind regards

David

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Thanks David, those speeds look fine and within the predicted range

Chris

0 Likes

retired2000
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hi Chris

Many thanks. Did as you said. Fast.com two upload test results 3.9 and 4.2. Still 20 download.

Kind regards

David

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi David,

The line test is passing and sync speeds both up and down are within the predicted range for the line. Could you try a couple of speed tests on fast.com and let us know the outcome

Chris

0 Likes

retired2000
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi Gliwmaeden2 and Chris

Thank you both very much for your instant response to my request for help. Very much appreciated. I followed the instructions from you both. Yesterday I turned my sister's router off for about 2 hours then ran two TT speed tests. On reboot the download speed was 20 in both tests which is good. The uploads speed reported were 2 and 4. I think that 5 (a quarter of the download speed) would be more the norm but please tell me if I'm wrong.

One thing I did not mention is that before I contacted TT community I tried to run a TT speed test. The website reported that there were no Wi-Fi connections to the router and that was correct.  But it did not appear to know there were 2 Ethernet cable connections. It ran the download test but not the upload test. This happened twice. This suggests to me that the router may be faulty, and gets worse when hot. Please advise. Thanks, David

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi David,

Line test is passing and upstream sync speed is 4.3Mbps. If the upstream throughput speed is still low could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@retired2000, add those details to the Private Notes section at the end of Personal Information in your community forum profile. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff may require you to pass further security checks, as you are not the account holder. It is an idea to be set up as a nominated user for future support.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Nominated-user/ta-p/2205256

Staff will reply after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes