cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Can you use telephone extensions with full fibre?

MonaWhite
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I'm having to move from UFO. Currently, I can use both my phone extensions.

However, I've been told that you can't use extensions on full fibre. You can only have a telephone connected to a box by the router.

I'm very deaf and can;t get on with wireless phones, so I really need the phones I have to work in the two rooms I have them.

Is anyone aware of being able to use Phone extension with full fibre?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

There is a somewhat lengthy, but nevertheless clear explanation of what is required in this video on YouTube:

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

So much depends on what wiring you have around the house currently & what sockets you plan to reuse etc.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

MonaWhite
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Thanks. Does anybody know what you need to do? Or do I need a telephone engineer?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hi MonaWhite,

Keith is correct, do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Yes you can, but you will probably have to make some changes to your internal wiring.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes