cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

City Fibre

Tinker45
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have city fibre with talk talk and the older tv box, with itv hub being withdrawn next month, I called talk talk to upgrade to the talk talk 4 K,box as the old box does not have ITVX, only to be told it’s not supported by city fibre, so can’t upgrade to the 4k box?
can’t understand why, will my current box still work? Will I only loose the itv hub.  

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Tinker45
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

The existing box will continue to work as usual, just will not have access to ITV on demand content.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Tinker45
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Thank you for the information Karl. In this day and age I still can’t understand why this has happened as with all the push for everyone to go to fibre and then have equipment that cannot be run because  of one company ?

can you tell me will my legacy box still run without the itv hub?

what features will I loose ?

thanks 

Tinker45

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

ITV have made the decision not to adapt the ITV X app for use with the legacy youview boxes as these will not fully support the capabilities of the app.

Unfortunately, at this time, the TV product / 4K Box etc is not available with City Fibre plans and so one cannot be supplied.

You may be able to view ITV X content on a smart TV or other device,

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Tinker45
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thank you 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@Tinker45, staff will reply during the week - they are not on here during the evening or over the weekend. 

Please follow up on this one thread. I've removed the duplicate. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes