cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connected without internet

Amy449
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Help! My phone keeps disconnecting from WiFi saying 'connected without Internet'. I've followed all steps from Samsung who advise me that the issue is not with the mobile (it has been thoroughly checked and works on all other wifi - however to make sure I've followed all steps on my mobile including a factory reset in case it was the phone).  I've had a new router from Talk Talk (Sagemcom model) but it is still causing issue. I've done a factory reset. I've also been put on another channel and had introvert signals sent, however the problem is still present. This connectivity issue only seems to happen on my WiFi at home. If I turn WiFi off and on again on my mobile it's fine and jumps back into action.....the problem occurs a many times per day but can be ok for periods of time in the day, however it takes a manual fix each time and I have to check that the phone hasn't dropped signal each time I use it, so this really isn't good especially if the phone has the screen switched off and it drops during that period,  I just miss so many things on my phone as I'm not aware it's dropped connection. This problem has been present for about 2 months now and is so unstable that I can't use the service that I pay for at home. I'm really unhappy with this service and it just isn't being fixed regardless of multiple phone calls to Talk Talk. 

I'm informed from another forum that a different brand router might help, however Talk Talk won't seem to offer me this. Meaning I'm effectively paying for a service each month that I can't use properly. On top of that,  each phone call is about 1hr long and it's a huge drain on my free time to keep trying to sort this. 

What can I do? Has anyone got advice on this issue? I'm at the end of the road now with this issue and really need help from Talk Talk.....

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Amy449,

Could you try switching the phone off again and leave it off for 5 minutes, then switch back on and check to see if there's any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Sadly there's no forum staff support over the weekend, @Amy449.

They will follow up on Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

It's going off constantly now. Unusable. I'm really unhappy with this. It was at least working some of the time but over the past few days wifi is never connecting on my phone. I can't use the service. 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 20

Hi Amy

Our devices team are still looking into this, we'll let you know when we have any further information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Thank you for the update. I really need a resolution on this ASAP. Today I have had no wifi through my phone... I'm using so much personal data. I don't feel it's acceptable that I'm still without a resolution for over 2 months and am paying for Internet package that I effectively can't use. If you could update me that would be great. Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Amy,

Just a quick post to let you know that we've not forgotten your topic and our Devices Team are still investigating this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi @Amy449 

I have raised this over to our Devices Team for investigation.

I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi, not in any way, no. I have explored thoroughly this possibility with Samsung just in case but they have checked the phone and it is perfectly fine. It's something specifically with my WiFi that's causing the issue...or at least the communicate only between the two devices (the router and the phone) 

Message 9 of 20

Hi Amy449,

Could I just ask, do you have any problems with any other problems with the other android mobile phone?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi,

I think I've done this now and updated this. Any problems and do let me know 👍

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Amy,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi, Thank you for continuing to help me. My phone is Samsung A34 5g phone. Android 14. One UI version 6.1.

My talk talk router is Sagemcom

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Amy,

Thanks for confirming. Please can you confirm the make and model of your handset and also the current version of software on your phone and I can pass this over to our Devices Team for investigation.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Yes I've tried on about 3 different wifi routers for a few days when I've stayed for overnights and no issues whatsoever at any point with being disconnected. It only happens at my home. It's very strange but I have no idea what else to do. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi Amy,

When you say that it works on other wifi have you actually tried connecting the phone to someone elses router and used it for any length of time to see if the same thing happens?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi,

Yes I've tried all sorts on my phone: forgetting wifi, clearing cache partition, soft reset, factory reset, safe mode... everything. Router wise, I've done a factory reset and had a new router but the problem is happening all the time. It only happens on my home WiFi. It's getting to a point now where I just can't use it.... something more really needs to be done as I feel I'm just paying for a service that I can't use now. Can anything more be done? 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi Amy,

Have you tried forgetting the TalkTalk wifi connections on your mobile phone and then reconnect, re-entering the wifi password?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Thank you for getting back to me and for trying to fix this issue - really appreciate your time on this for me. Unfortunately this has not solved the issue. The issue has just happened whilst I sat here to reply, I've logged on to my router setting via my PC - my mobile, Laptop and my Mum's phone are all at the moment on band 1 (2.4Ghz) - however my phone is saying 'connected without internet' and it has switched me to my mobile data instead, however all the other devices other than my mobile are still connected and working perfectly to the wifi. Why is just my phone losing the connection? It is not that my phone has stayed on a different band to the others, they are all on the same band, but it is my phone that gets booted off for some reason. This only happens in my house on this wifi, there must be something wrong with how the wifi and the phone are connecting. I don't understand what is causing this issue, but I've had my phone for 7 months with no issues, and suddenly it's started to happen. I have looked into phone faults and factory resets etc but Samsung have assured me it is not a fault with the phone and the fact that the phone is fine on all other wifi indicates it is how it is communicating with this Talk Talk wifi in particular. Can you help further as I just can not use this wifi service properly now.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi Amy

Just looking at the Wi-Fi connections to the phone,  I can see some issues with Bandsteering, and the device refusing to switch between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands when requests are issues.

I've made a change here to see if this improves the situation.  Can you try the connection over the course of the day and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes