cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Contract Renewal Incorrect Package - Wrong Contract Terms

Watsonla02
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I just requested for my contract to be updated. 

I am currently running Fibre 65 on my online portal which my current contract has just expired on. I have used the online chat services to refresh the service again earlier in the day after enquiring about pricing but only got round to reading the contract sent through. 

It appears instead of being sent a contract for Fibre 65, I have been sent a contract for "Fast Broadband" as I have both Fibre and Fast lines into the house. The chat agent told me that my speeds would remain the same as they currently are (on the Fibre 65). 

When I asked the agent to send me the Fibre 65 contract, they assured me that the contract they had sent is correct, however it is sadly not. I have tried again on the chat to get this resolved with no luck as the agents seem incapable of understanding the difference between the contracts. The agent told me that I am currently billed on my Fast Broadband line, although I don't know why as I have been on a Fibre contract ever since moving into the property at the start of the contract.

I am aware that whilst TalkTalk may guarantee that my speeds won't change, I have no legal rights should anything happen with regards to the Fibre on the contract they have sent me. I have it in writing from the agent that I should be retaining my full Fibre 5 package and speeds.

How can I go about getting my contract amended before my 14 day grace period is up so that my legal rights are protected, to what I have actually ordered and wanted to pay for? I know I can cancel the contract but will then be left with no internet. 

Thanks, 

(Snapshot of relevant part of conversation below) 

You: Can you please confirm in writing that the account will retain the Fibre 65 plan, as the contract you sent was only for Fast Broadband which only promises speeds of up to 2.4Mbs

Philasande: Yes you will still have the same fibre 65 speeds

You: The email does not contain a Fibre 65 contract, only a fast speed contract which only guarantees 2.4Mbs

Philasande: As i have mentioned above , you have 2 lines active one is for fibre 65 and one that you are billed on is fast broadband so i renewed the one that you are billed on to change the price and the fibre 65 that is active will remain as it is

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Watsonla02

It looks like you have 2 accounts  FTTP fibre 65 service,  But you also have copper leave behind service, this is the account that appears to have been renewed automatically sending the Autosign documents for fast broadband. 

I would recommend calling the loyalty team on 03451720088 and renew the Full fibre account, this should send the correct documents. 

Regards

0 Likes