cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

DG8041W Kernel Panic reboots

DaveG45
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

I have been experiencing regular reboots on my DG8041W router.   The user log shows it restarting after a kernel panic.  This is happening 3-4 times a day.   

The router is on software version 1.05t.  I notice there is a version 1.06t which is supposed to address kernel panic issues.  How do I go about updating the firmware as it doesn’t seem to be available to download anywhere?  

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 17

Hi @DaveG45 

You will need to do the other simple steps to configure the WiFi name & password to your requirements, alternatively, you can just leave them at default & reconfigure all of your devices. However, I would strongly urge you to change them for your security and also set a longer, more complex password for the WiFi than the one the router ships with.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

DaveG45
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Just checked the download speed and got the same result - 26Mbps

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Dave

Are you still experiencing the issue after the pin reset?

DaveG45
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 17

Hi Debbie,

Yes I have done a pin reset on the router and factory reset via the Dashboard but not the part of Keith email regarding Wi Fi 2.4 - 5Ghz?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi @DaveG45 

Sorry for the delay.

Did you try the factory reset suggested by Keith? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 17

Hi @DaveG45,

It sounds like you need to do a factory reset of the configuration & start afresh. To do this, log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Resets

Then do a Factory Settings Reset. Alternatively, you can do a Pin reset whilst it is powered up. All SSIDs & passwords will be as the label on the rear of the router.

Once it is back up, only change the WiFi network Name (SSID) & password via the Advanced Settings area, for the 2.4GHz band this is at:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz gear icon > Basic

For the 5GHz band go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 5Ghz gear icon > Basic

Any other problems, then please let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

DaveG45
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 17

Hi Debbie,  

Just to let you know the latest. Received my Sagemcom-FAST5364 router on Thursday which proved interesting. Set it up and tried to access the router expecting to see TalkTalk wi-fi network displayed, but got instead got  F5364-2G-7 and F5364-5G-7,  which not surprisingly did not accept the wi-fi password. Can only think this particular router had been returned at some time and someone had been trying different settings. I resolved this by resetting the router which then allowed me to see the TalkTalk Network as displayed on the router and allowed me to enter the wi-fi password.

The router as worked ok with no kernel panics!  I did run a speed test the following day which gave a poor result of 26Mb, this raised a concern at your end,  your ref. 1417430 and as yet to be resolved. The wi-fi speed on the old router was fine.

Regards Dave

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Dave

No problem. The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

DaveG45
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 17

Hi Debbie, 
Would you please send me a new router. Thank you.

Rgegards

Message 10 of 17

Hi Dave

Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi DaveG45

Apologies for this. We will need to swap your router for a Sagemcom WIFI hub.

Would you like me to arrange this?

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 17

The problem is that TalkTalk no longer use V1.06, the only option now is to replace the router for the Sagemcom FAST5364. I'll ask them to arrange this for you. I can't guarantee this will get picked up on Monday, as there is a reduced staff level due to the Bank Holiday, so hopefully Tuesday.

Keith

0 Likes

DaveG45
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 17

Hi Debbie, 

In January you updated the router software version 1.05t to version 1.06t. This resolved the issue with my DG8014W router panic attacks and everything as worked fine until this week. On checking the user log this morning I noticed the router software version appears to have revert back to 1.05t? 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Dave

How's the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi Dave

Apologies for this.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you monitor the connection over the next few days and let us know how it compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Yes, I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and upgrade it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith