cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Daily modem reboot

mark25
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

For a long time now I've been having problems with my modem dropping out almost every day.  I raised a complaint and recently had the openreach modem replaced for the TalkTalk modem yet I'm still having to reset the modem all too frequently.  

I've had many infuriating calls to customer service agents who insist on talking me through the achingly long reboot process which I have done so many times, they only seem to be concerned with getting my broadband back up and running, which it always does, and not concerned with the fact that I will have to complete the whole process again the following day.

I'm at a loss for where to go or what to do next.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Morning mark,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on and if your connection is now working ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi @mark25 

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi @mark25 

Thanks for confirming your details.

We've arranged the engineer visit for 17/07 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi @mark25 

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Thanks

0 Likes

mark25
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

It depends when really, I am going on holiday w/c 22nd for the week.  I can be flexible with am or pm given some notice.  I currently have 17/7 off work but work from home occasionally so can be flexible.  Mornings may be better.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Thanks for your reply @mark25 

Please can you provide your availability AM and PM?

I can then arrange the engineer visit for you.

Debbie

0 Likes

mark25
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

Yes please, I have had an engineer booked on 2 previous occasions and cancelled due to the risk of £75 fee if nothing was found to be wrong.  As I initially thought the problem was the Openreach modem, I now know that it is something else since receiving the TalkTalk modem and having the same issue, so yes please an engineer would be most welcome.  Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Thanks for your reply @mark25 

Would you like me to arrange the Openreach engineer so they can take a look?

0 Likes

mark25
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 13

I received the talktalk modem this last week, the broadband has dropped 4 times.  When working I have 2 blue lights (of the 3), when dropped out I have an amber light to the left (facing the modem).  Hope that makes sense. 

Im about to get ready for work so my responses may be delayed.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 13

Hi @mark25 

The line test is clear but I can see a high number of re connections on the line.

I think we should send an Openreach engineer to investigate. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi @mark25 

Thanks for the Private Message.

I'm just running a line test now. How do you know when you need to reboot the modem? Do the lights go out?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi @mark25 

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number or account number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes