cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Device operation & connection problems after new Fibre 150 & new router fitted.

ILA02
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I had a new fibre HX-XGS-5302 & new Sagemcom - FAST 5364 router installed last week. Unfortunately I now find :-

(i) My Amazon Fire Stick does not now have a functioning 'Home' screen or apps, although for some strange reason, the 'You Tube' channel still works.

(ii) My Amazon 'Alexa' Echo Dot will not now connect up to the internet.

(iii) My Norton VPN will also now not connect, it advising that the UDP ports 4500 and 500 cannot now be accessed.

I've done all the usual resets / new passwords inputs / power downs & cable checks but all to no avail. The Talk Talk account diagnostics says everything is functioning correctly but something has obviously changed since the install. I've now run out of ideas !, has anyone else had the same problems ? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

As Freedom Fibre is a relatively new addition to TalkTalk, we have no access to any of their systems as yet, so we do refer issues directly to their teams in the short term.  Try port forwarding and see if this helps.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Michelle,

Not very well, My last communication from 'Chris' suggested that I sort the problem out myself by contacting the Freedom Fibre company who installed the new equipment into my house. I find this quite exasperating as it was TalkTalk who organised the install, and in my view, they should be sorting out the problems not I ! 

Anyhow I did contact the 'Freedom Fibre' help line who remotely checked my installation and stated that it was satisfactory !

Our IT guys at work mentioned that there maybe something called 'port forwarding' that needs to be set up on my new router ? I'm going to investigate this topic further.

Regards,  ILA02.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi ILA02

Apologies for this.

I'm unable to connect to your router at the moment, is the router switched off?

0 Likes