cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Download speed less than half I was getting.

hootrz
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

My download speed has dropped to well under half, it has went from 38mb to only 11mb. I am on Fibre 65.

I also have a noisy telephone landline with hissing and crackling and a very faint dialling tone. 

Can anyone help please.

Cheers

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi hootrz

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

The openreach engineer has just fixed the line fault today.

He said the line fault was 200 metres away from the house, he went and found a bad connection where water had got in, he also said when he pulled the connection to test it, it came away in his hand.

All sorted now😁

Thanks Debbie.

Message 3 of 18

Hi hootrz

Thanks for confirming. Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Debbie

Message 4 of 18

Hi Debbie, yes that date and time will be ok.

Message 5 of 18

Hi hootrz

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and unfortunately there are no weekend appointments showing in your area.

I have booked in the visit for Wednesday 06/03 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Will this date and time be ok?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi, yes book a weekday appointment if they cannot do a weekend one.

Between 13:00 – 18:00 would be better for me if possible.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 18

Hi hootrz

I will try for a weekend visit first. If there are none available, should I book a week day appointment or wait for you to provide the date first?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi debbie.  

Monday to friday I am available  between 3.30pm and 8.00pm

at weekends I am available anytime. 

I can arrange a day off work if I need to.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi hootrz

I will arrange this visit for you.

Please can you provide your availability AM and PM? I will book the first available visit.

Can you also confirm potential engineer charges Engineer charges

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Yes can you arrange an engineer visit please. 

How will I get to know the date they are coming?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi @hootrz 

The line test is detecting the same fault (potential line fault towards the property)

Openreach are requesting that we arrange an Openreach engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

You can now re connect your equipment back to the line, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi @hootrz 

Thank you. I will start the line test at 10am and I will post back to confirm once it's been completed. It shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi, yes 10am will be fine.

Message 14 of 18

Hi @hootrz 

Yes please, will it be ok for me to run this test at 10am (with everything removed)

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

Hi Debbie do you still want me to remove everything connected to my line so you can do a line test?

I have just done another speed test today and the download speed has dropped to only 1 megabyte now.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi hootrz

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test and this has detected a potential fault towards the property.

Would it be possible to remove everything from the line including faceplate, phone and router for 30 minutes so I can run another line test with everything removed?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you as it is probably all caused by a line fault.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?