cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

FTTP upload speeds with Eero and 3rd Party Router

h1lsmis
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

Had my Fibre 900 package activated on the 7th, tested this with both the TalkTalk supplied Eero router and my own Asus router, but I'm experiencing slower than expected upload speeds. 

When running speed test I'm getting the expected 900Mb down, but only 30Mb up. 

This has been tested since activation, across both types of router. I have seen other providers state it is a profile issue, could this be looked into?

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Can you also run a speed test via Sam Knows Speedtest  so you have comparable results from another source, and we can raise this for a possible engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi,

just ran a test direct from the ONT and the upload speeds reflected what other tests showed. When looking at the graphic of the Speedtest it looks like it’s almost limited at 31 to 32Mb up. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Yes, you should be able to connect a laptop directly to the port of the ONT and test the speeds directly from that point, this will prove or eliminate your router as a possible culprit 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi,

Wasn't aware we could do this, would I be able to just plug my laptop into the port I'd usually use for the router, and run a speedtest from there? If so, I will run this, this evening.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Do you have a wired device you can connect direct to the ONT, bypassing the router, to set the upload speed and confirm if it is low at this point.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Chris,

Yeah this is consistent across multiple devices, from router, to PC and phones/tablets. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi h1lsmis,

Do you see the slow upstream speed on more than one device?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi,

Just attempted a full reboot that was over 30 minutes and issue persists.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down the ONT and router for a full 30 minutes and then re-tested the speeds again?

Thanks

0 Likes