cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fast fibre 150 but not.

mboggle
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Been paying for fast fibre 150 for months and months now and I’ve only been receiving approximately 55 mbps for at least the last 7 months. Speed test acknowledges I’m not receiving what I should be but all other line tests say there is not a problem. I’ve tried talking to talk talk people via the chat section but whoever responds doesn’t really understand what I’m on about and bots are a waste of time. My contract is up for renewal and it won’t let me choose fibre60 which is roughly what I’m getting. So I’ve effectively been paying for something I haven’t been getting for god knows how long.

Any ideas or help from anyone would be appreciated.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi mboggle

Thanks for your reply.

Our Loyalty Team will be able to discuss available packages with you.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

I think what I will do is call customer services and get them to transfer me to fast fibre 65 when my contract expires on 22 of this month as I am roughly getting those speeds anyway. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi,

I've included our help guide which includes information on when this could possibly be applied. In order to progress to an engineer we do have to confirm this step.

Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Any time on either a Monday or Friday is ok. I don’t really accept charges for an engineer if the fault is nothing to do with me time related or not.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Thank you. It's still showing the same fault with only the Openreach modem plugged in so the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. If you'd like to go ahead with this then please can you provide a few days availability AM (8-1) or PM (1-6) Could you also confirm acceptance of possible time related engineer charges.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Router disconnected.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Thank you. The line test shows the same original fault again. Could you try one more thing please, could you remove just the router and leave the modem connected please and I'll do one more test?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Back up and ready for you to run the test again.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi again,

Thank you. The line test is now clear. Could you now re-connect the modem and router again please ensuring that all the cables are connected securely and I will re-run the line test again.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Yes I’ll unplug now.

let me know when done please.

Message 11 of 14

Hi mboggle,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to unplug the modem and router for 15 minutes so we can re-run the line test with nothing connected to the line to see if it still detects the same fault please?

Michelle

Message 12 of 14

Hello 

No nothing has changed. We have good voice service, separate router and modem and no extension sockets. We did get the stated speeds for a while after install but as I’ve posted not for some time now.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on your line now which has detected a potential issue towards the property. Can I just confirm, has the set up changed at all since this was set up by the engineer? Do you have a separate modem and router? Is your voice service ok? Do you have any extension sockets?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes