cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow Speeds on Devices

sgohagan
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Hi, I've been with Talk Talk for a while and getting pretty miserable speeds. It's been lower than what I was promised to the router and the speeds to the devices is abysmal. I was promised ~39 Mbps and am getting 34 Mbps with only 2 Mbps download/3 Mbps upload to my device. I've even gone as far to buy a pretty expensive wifi card for my PC as hardwiring it through ethernet is not possible in my flat.

I've gone through the troubleshooting with your tech team and am wondering if it is possibly the router. I've had it for years and have since upgraded to Fibre 65 with very minimal upgrade in terms of speed. It's getting to the point that when my wife is playing games, online I can't even watch Netflix without it throttling the connection.

Any advice is appreciated.

Shane O'Hagan
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi sgohagan

I'm so glad to hear that the returns bag has arrived, thanks for letting me know.

Debbie

0 Likes

sgohagan
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 25

Yes! It came yesterday, just sending it now. 

Shane O'Hagan

Message 3 of 25
0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi sgohagan

Our Warehouse Team have advised that there appears to have been a delay with the order but the returns bag was showing as dispatched on 05/02. You should hopefully receive this today or tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi sgohagan

Apologies for this. I have escalated this to our Warehouse Team and I will post back here as soon as I have further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

sgohagan
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 25

Still no returns bag!

Shane O'Hagan
0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi sgohagan

Ok, I will check in again with you tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes

sgohagan
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 25

Hi, still no returns bag today but there was no post at all on Saturday so maybe it's still on its way?

Shane O'Hagan
0 Likes

Message 9 of 25
0 Likes

sgohagan
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 25

Hi Debbie,

Not yet! I'll see if it arrived tomorrow.

Shane O'Hagan
0 Likes

Message 11 of 25
0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi sgohagan

Apologies, I've ordered this for you now, please allow 48 - 72hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Hi Debbie,

Unfortunately, I didn't get a returns bag in the package. What should I do?

Shane O'Hagan
0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

Hi sgohagan

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Yes please keep the new router and can you return the old one using the pre paid returns bag.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

@Divsec  We sure do 🙂

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Hi @sgohagan love it when a plan comes together! Was there a returns bag in with the new router? If yes send back the old one using the bag and prepaid label. If not Debbie will advise tomorrow.

So pleased for you. 

X

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

sgohagan
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 25

Hi all,

My new router just arrived and I set it up.

Good God Almighty, the speeds are insane. 

Thank you so much. What will I do now? Can I keep this new router? What will I do with the older router?

Please let me keep it, it's so good. 

Screenshot_20240129-221236.png
Shane O'Hagan

Message 17 of 25

Hi sgohagan

Thanks for your reply.

I've requested that a replacement router is sent, please allow 48-72hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 18 of 25

Hi Debbie,

Yes, that would be great. I don't know the make of the one I have just now but I reckon it's the one I was sent out maybe 6-7 years ago? Considering it's been switched on constantly since then, I wouldn't be surprised if it was struggling. 

Shane O'Hagan

Message 19 of 25

Hi sgohagan

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

@sgohagan well there's progress thanks for getting back. Best now to wait for @Debbie-TalkTalk to work her magic

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.