cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow Speeds on Devices

sgohagan
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

Hi, I've been with Talk Talk for a while and getting pretty miserable speeds. It's been lower than what I was promised to the router and the speeds to the devices is abysmal. I was promised ~39 Mbps and am getting 34 Mbps with only 2 Mbps download/3 Mbps upload to my device. I've even gone as far to buy a pretty expensive wifi card for my PC as hardwiring it through ethernet is not possible in my flat.

I've gone through the troubleshooting with your tech team and am wondering if it is possibly the router. I've had it for years and have since upgraded to Fibre 65 with very minimal upgrade in terms of speed. It's getting to the point that when my wife is playing games, online I can't even watch Netflix without it throttling the connection.

Any advice is appreciated.

Shane O'Hagan
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

I just switched it off for 30 mins and the speed has improved, but nowhere near where I've been guaranteed.

Speed test done 26th Jan 2024Speed test done 26th Jan 2024

Shane O'Hagan
0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

Hi it certainly is just power down, make a cuppa, walk the dog and power on after 30 minutes. 

Good luck and please let us know how you get on. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 23 of 25

Hi Divsec, thanks for your response. 

I was on the chat to someone earlier tonight and I did that, though they suggested to restart (with a pin in the wee hole) and then switch off and wait for 20 mins only. I'll try 30 mins tomorrow. It's just switching the router off, nothing extra needed?

Shane O'Hagan
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 25

Hi @sgohagan your post has been escalated and you should hear tomorrow. In the meantime have you tried a 30 minute reboot of your router? This usually resets the dlm and can have a very positive effect. It worked for me. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes