cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TalkTalk / D-Link Router issues

Awboxster
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Hi, I have had this router for probably 5 or more years and in the last year it has been playing up - as in the wifi in the home stops working for SOME of my devices but not all of them. I have split the wifi into two feeds 2.4gh and 5gh and it happens to either both or only one of the feeds! I have to then reboot the router and all is well for a couple of days. It is such a pain that I have set it up with a timer and it switches off for about 1/2hr each night to get round this issue...Any ideas please?

The router is a D-Link Model DSL-3782 (as supplied by TalkTalk).

Awburke
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

MartinR97
Participant
Private Message
Message 1 of 14

I have a problem with my D_router main powerline adapter and it was impossible to speak to a person as AI

did not understand what was wrong. Eventually I found a very helpful text operator who understood what was required

and has ordered me a replacement, which was what I needed all along. No wonder Talk Talk's customer service gets such poor

reports. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi, just for info, I have today posted my old router back to you, via the return bag and label. The new router is working well, thanks for your help.

Regards

Adrian

Awburke

Message 4 of 14

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Awboxster
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

OK, will do,

Thanks Karl..

Adrian

Awburke
0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Adrian,

If you could include the power unit also, that would be great. Give it a few days to make sure everything is running ok 🙂

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Awboxster
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

Hi Debbie, yes received and up and running ok so far. Will send the old one back later this week (just to make sure the new one is ok!) do you want the power supply back as well as the router?

Thanks for the great prompt service from yourself ...much appreciated!

Regards Adrian

Awburke
0 Likes

Message 8 of 14
0 Likes

Message 9 of 14
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Thanks Debbie for your assistance with this.

Awburke

Message 11 of 14

Hi Adrian

Perfect thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

I think  have set up my profile! can you let me know if all OK...Thanks, Adrian Burke

Awburke

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

HI Awboxster

I think we should send a replacement router for testing.

Please can you add your name to your Community Profile, I can then send the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes