cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fault with Routers 2.4GHZ Band?

Chris_J
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi, I think there is a problem with my router's 2.4GHZ band.

I noticed a while ago that any device that connected on this would have frequent drop outs and be unstable.

I've tried all the usual fixes, disconnecting devices from the wifi, restarting the router, switching off for 30mins, doing a factory reset. I've also made sure I'm using channels 1, 6 or 11.

For a while I've disabled the 2.4GHZ band and everything has been working happily on 5GHZ, but I've just got a new TV which is 2.4GHZ only, so I've enabled it again, and am seeing the same behavior with that, as well as my other devices again now when they try and connect on the 2.4GHZ.

I  suspect an issue with the routers 2.4GHZ band, could I perhaps be sent another router to try and prove that one way or the other?

Thanks,

Chris.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

Assuming that you have one of the Sagemcom router's there is a bug that if you disable and later re-enable a WiFi band, they will not come back correctly. A factory reset is the only way around the bug currently. This might explain the problems that you have had.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 6

Hi Chris

I'm so glad to hear this.

If you do experience any more issues then please post here and let us know, I can send you a replacement router.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Chris_J
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Debbie, sorry for the delay.

I was sure I had tried a factory reset previously without success, however I tried it again the other morning, and it does seem to be behaving itself now. I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

Thanks,

Chris.

Message 4 of 6

Hi Chris_J

Did you see my last post? Do you still need help with this?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Chris_J

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes