cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 not getting guaranteed speed

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 34

Hi, so fibre 65 has just gone live today, was previously on fibre 35 achieving the full 40/10 download/upload.

But looking at the sync speed it's not near the guaranteed speed offered in my contract, I'm currently plugged into the the master socket and that's the nte5c mk4 master socket, no other sockets in the house.

Will a rep please be able to take a look at my speeds, I've switched the router off for 30 minutes to refresh the connection to the cabinet and I'm also using the latest wifi hub.

I'm not even hitting the guaranteed upload sync speed either.

Here is the email copy about my speeds;

You can look forward to an estimated download speed between 62.7Mb/s and 80.0Mb/s with a minimum guaranteed speed of 56.2Mb/s with a guaranteed upload speed of 20.0Mb/s.

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 34

Hi, I wasn't having this problem with wifi on my old router, I would set the channel manually and would never have to change I would get good signal strength and speeds on wifi, it's the wifi optimization that's causing issues as it randomly changes channels and causes the drop out because when I go into router settings to check the WiFi channel has been changed.

The broadband connection seems fine and the light is solid white when this happens.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 34

Hi @sajid 

@Gliwmaeden2 has asked me to help you. It is correct that WiFi optimisation can't be turned off anymore. However, if I do an analysis of your WiFi network, then I may be able to resolve the issues that you have.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

All we can do is send feedback, like this, @sajid.

The devices people seem to prefer control this way to manage other factors which might also affect quality of service. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 24 of 34

That's a bit of a pain as the wifi keeps dropping when it changes channels automatically, not ideal, the user should have full control of their router each home set up and environment is different it's causing chaos, is there even a way to have it switched off?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 34

@sajid, staff can no longer switch off WiFi optimisation. 

@KeithFrench may be able to offer guidance. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 26 of 34

Hi another request can you please turn off wifi optimization as it's changing wifi channels automatically even when I have preselected one's that work for me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

Hi

A returns bag is on the way.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 34

Ok thanks for your help, I have a much older router that has been laying around and would like to send it back along with some microfilters, are you able to send me out a returns bag please?

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

Hi

Sync speed is at 55.4mb which is within the estimated range for your connection, so the speeds are now correct.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 34

Hello, I have received the router over the weekend and have tested, I made sure that when I swapped over the routers the connection got refreshed for 30 minutes, there has only been a slight 2-3mbps improvement are you able to look at my line please and then see if an engineer is required? Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 34

Hi

My Tests didn't show a bridge tap, but if things are the same with the new router, then there nay still be one present and an engineer would be required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

sajid
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 34

Hi thanks for your reply, from what I remember last time there was a bridge tap present on the line, which was an external bridge tap, causing low speeds and instability, a new router didn't fix it, but will give it a try, I've also tested with a microfilter in the test socket and still haven't seen hadn't seen an improvement.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 34

Hi

Profile settings are correct, and tests are clear, but the speed is just below what it should be.

I'm going to get a new router to you, so we can rule out hardware and see if it will sync at a better rate.  

If this fails then we will need to progress towards an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes