FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre 65 problem

lee_droid
Team Player
Message 15 of 15

Hi,

I have been having problems with my Fibre 65 conection for about the last 2 weeks. The speed has gradually dropped to around about 20mbs, and have been getting drops in the connection usually at around 8-9 am and 8-9pm.

I have tried powering the router down for a while, with no joy. There appears to be no noise from the landline, but the router control panel SNR margins are 19/20

Help me, please

14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hello,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

lee_droid
Team Player
Message 2 of 15

I've just finished with the engineer, who reset reset the line. All is working properly now, thanks all! If I have any more problems, I'll get in touch again.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi lee_droid,

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow afternoon - May 26 2022, PM (1pm-6pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi lee_droid,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi lee_droid

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

nic1987
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 15

Sounds like a line problem but just to check Which routers are you using Lee?

Is it a sagemcom (black with copper detail)? What firmware are you on

? How long were you trouble free before these.problems? A rrecent firmware upgrade (I think) has caused my 2.4ghz band to go from 150 to 20Mbps with no channel interference or any other causes. 5ghz is at 150. You wouldn't be able to differentiate unless you've split the bands though

Is connection via ethernet to the router ok? That would be quickest way to test that hypothesis

Good luck

I am a customer just like you. I'll try to help based on my experiences over the years getting issues sorted out in my TalkTalk services!
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Chris,

Yes, I would like an engineer visit please.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

OK thanks for trying that. To investigate further we'll need to arrange and engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Chris,

I have connected to the test socket, and also connected a new router. I gave it 48 hours to settle, and have had no disconnections so far. The speed has kept dropping though, down to 17Mbps. I have checked the router diagnostics, and the SNR margins are 19.1/19.1

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi lee_droid,

How are you getting on, have you connected your router to your test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 15

The NTE 5C MK 4 does have a test socket, you just need to gently squeeze the sides of the socket to remove the faceplate, the test socket will then be visible inside. It would be good to try your router in the test socket (you will need a connect the router to a microfilter to be able to connect it to the test socket, two microfilters should have come with the router).

Don't expect the speed to improve immediately, if would need 48 - 72 hours of good quality connection without drops before the speed would start to increase, but would be interesting to try your normal router, and your other router if necessary in the test socket, just to see if that does stop the disconnections from happening.

If you still get drops from both routers when using the test socket then that almost certainly means there is an external fault somewhere on the phone line.

The support team here will be back on Monday to help further.

Message 12 of 15

Hi Michelle,

Apologies for not getting back to you until late.

My main socket is a MK4, not sure if it has a test socket or not. And yes, I have another router to test if needed.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped and the connection also looks unstable. Does your main socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @lee_droid,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there (via a microfilter), that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem (although you may need to leave the router connected at the test socket for 72+ hours before you would start to see a speed increase if this was the cause of the problem).

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.