cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 speed problems

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

IMG_0252.jpeg

 Speed test on laptop

IMG_0254.png

 Speed test on phone. Apart from smart tv, which was not switched on when I did tests, these are the only devices connected to Wi-Fi. 

Have phoned technical support and also online chat. Each time they run tests they say the speeds are a lot faster. Have also done connection tests that say service could be improved and that it has been disconnecting. Don’t feel I’m making any progress. I have had HG 633 router for 8 years. Tests show it is working ok. I upgraded from fibre 35 to fibre 65 in March. Previous to this I didn’t have any problems and never felt the need to check speeds. I have not experienced any enhanced speed  since upgrading. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thank you! Much appreciate the help from the TalkTalk community and support team! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi dollydee,

I've ordered the router and returns bag, it should be with you within a couple of days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thank you for your help! I have now had a message asking if I would like a new router to test if this is the problem. I hope this sorts it.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Michelle

Thank you for your reply.  Please can you arrange for a new router to be sent to test if this is the problem. I will return old router as requested.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how this compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that the original router can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

I'll move this to the ordinary Fibre message board, @dollydee, as this is not a Full Fibre installation but fibre to the cabinet. 

Staff will reply during the day, @dollydee.

Sounds like you need a new router at least to test.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

last post should say 8mbps to phone. Download speed to router is 45mbps,

0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Download speed to laptop is 33mbps and to 8mbps,  Why would there be such a big difference from download speed to router?

0 Likes