cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full Fibre Install

Biomechanic
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi

I was sent an sms message asking me if I wanted to move over to Full Fibre for free, with similar speeds to what I have now.

I accepted and a date of October 9th (this Monday coming) was arranged. Unfortunately I have had to change that to October 20th because of hospital appointments.

I take it you just leave my existing fibre broadband as is until then ? I'm getting worried you might interrupt my service.

Any help or answers to these questions would be great

Thanks

John

John Alan Seymour
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 2 of 16

Hi Arne

Sorry the late reply. Thanks for your help - it's mightily appreciated.

John

John Alan Seymour
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

@Anonymous, find your way back to the message board and click on start a topic.

Also complete your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Add your Talktalk landline number in Personal Information. Go via your avatar/name; settings. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 16

Sorry I'm a newbie so don't know how this works, tried to delete posts but can't, maybe you can do that, I can delete account, I can do that, from Patches (stroke survivor) this is too difficult.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

@Anonymous 

Start your own topic if you want help from the support team here, rather than posting on others. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 16

Help 

How do I get a OpenReach appointment to install Full Fibre Cancelled

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Ill let you know when its done, because there is no upgrade your current contract will continue. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Arne

That's music to my ears. Thank you so much. Can I get some confirmation that that this has been actioned ?

Also, are you sure it won't affect my current Fibre 65 contract ?

Thanks

John

John Alan Seymour
0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Biomechanic

I can speak to  the provisioning team to cancel the order, this will not have an effect on the current service which will carry on as normal. 

Regards

Message 11 of 16

Hi Arne

Thank you for the info, but the situation has changed.

I am a private tenant. When I initially received the email invitation to go to Future Fibre, I contacted my landlord's daughter who is running her father's properties as he is unwell to ask permission to go ahead with the upgrade.

She verbally told me 'yes' everything would be fine, so I booked the appointment through OpenReach

Unfortunately I received a phone call from her on Saturday indicating that her father (the Landlord) does not want it to go ahead until he is well enough to be around.

How do I proceed from here, I am terrified that I am going to lose my existing FTTC service.... Are you able to cancel this appointment until my landlord is available, then we can re-arrange ?

Or do I just leave it and inform the Engineers when they arrive on the 20th October ?

Please advise me on the correct way to move forward.

John

John Alan Seymour
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Biomechanic

I can confirm that the current FTTC service will remain active until the 20th when full fibre is installed.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

@Biomechanic, please just stick with this thread. If staff don't reach it this afternoon, it will be after the weekend before you get a response from them. 

If you need reassurance, contact Talktalk directly. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

Biomechanic
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Thanks for the info on the router.

Can somebody from Talk Talk please contact me with some reassurance that my existing package etc remains 'live' until the changover to FF.

Thanks

John Alan Seymour
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

To maintain your phone number you would need a Hub2 Sagemcom or they may send an Eero, depending on the package speed, @Biomechanic.

0 Likes