cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

I am not getting the minimum fibre 65 speed

Topher
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi.

My fibre 65 package has not been getting its guaranteed speed of 58 mbs for several months but the service status speed test says I am getting 55 mbs and it says I have a good connection. Prior to that I was getting speeds of up to 70 mbs and the status report also says the Sagem router is working fine. The router itself reports a speed of 60 mbs when I login as admin but that is not what the service status reports nor the independent speed tests I have carried out next to it say.

I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions are there some checks Talk Talk can do to identify the issue?

Thanks

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 14

I've booked the engineer for March 23 2023, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Topher

Thanks for confirming.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi 

Yes it is still in the test socket and I haven't rebooted the router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Topher

I've checked and I can see that the sync speed hasn't increased.

Is the router still at the test socket, without being rebooted?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Topher

Thank you. Please can you leave the router at the test socket (without rebooting) and I will check the connection stats again tomorrow to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Thanks I have now plugged the router into the test socket.

Message 7 of 14

@Topher That does have a test socket. If you push in the clips on each side it will come off and the test socket will be seen. Try connecting there using a microfilter.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 14

@Topher, staff will be back after the weekend to follow up. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Topher
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 14

Hi 

There is no test socket on the front of the master socket which is this one https://www.run-it-direct.co.uk/bt-line-boxes-and-sockets/nte5cmastersocket/

The router is plugged into the front socket of the master socket there is no test socket on the front. 

I'd just like to know why my speed has slowed down from around 70 mbs to less than the minimum guaranteed speed on your test to the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Hi Topher

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear - No faults detected.

Is the router connected at the test socket?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

I understand, this has been flagged up to the support team and they will respond as soon as they can.

Topher
Participant
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi 

Thanks for your suggestions but I do understand there may be a slight degradation usually 1 to 2 mbs in speed due to testing the speed from the router to a device wirelessly but this is reduced the closer you test to the router.

The issue is the speed test Talk Talk do which from their network to the router says I am only getting 55 mbs instead of the minimum guaranteed speed of 58 mbs. The wireless speed tests I have carried out independently say between 53 and 54 which is consistent with this when they used to be around 68 to 70 mbs. It is puzzling the router is reporting 60 mbs when it is not consistent with Talk Talk's own test.

This is not about how this affects my day to day usage I'd like to understand why talk talk's own testing and my own says I am getting below the guaranteed minimum speed I am paying (soon to be significantly more) for and they are doing nothing about it. I'd be grateful if they could look into it

Screenshot_2023-03-02-22-30-52-260.jpegScreenshot_2023-03-02-22-28-05-590.jpeg
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Are these speed tests wired, or wireless? If your router is reporting a connection speed of 60Mbps then that is above the guaranteed minimum you mention. Are you actually having any issues with day to day use?

0 Likes