cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Intermittent Full Fibre connection

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 34 of 34

The fibre connction has been lost most days over the past ten days from around 12:00 noon until the evening. The fibre connection box has flashing red light and router orange light on when off. It has been off this weekend completely since Friday evening. 

Regards

Terry

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 1 of 34

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the stability has been over the last few days?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 34

Hi

Glad to hear the engineer has restored the service for you.  If there are any further issues, please let our team know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 34

Hi Michelle

The CityFibre engineer has just left and all seems to good fingers crossed, the fault was due to a damaged fibre cable which they have replaced, they are evidently very fragile.

Thanks again for all your help 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 34

Hi,

Thanks for confirming and hopefully the engineer will be able to get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 34

Hello

Yes they have,  an engineer from City Fibre has been booked to come here either tomorrow or Wednesday, subject to a call from them. 

I will update you after their assessment.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 34

Hello,

I believe the team have made contact. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 34

Many thanks!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 34

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've passed this straight back to our Faults Team now and asked them if they can take another look.

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 34

Good morning

The connection came on during the early hours of this morning, after being off all the weekend, the red broadband light is still flashing red. This seems to be the pattern, it will usually go off between 12:00 and 13:00 then come back on in late evening. The time it was off over the weekend the "Service" light was not on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 34

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay and to hear this. Is your connection still off at the moment? As soon as we confirm this then we will escalate this straight back to our faults team ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 34

Hi 

Unfortunately we are back to square one, it went off briefly yesterday and the red light has been flashing since, this morning the connection was lost and it is still off now at 15:30.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 34

Morning,

Is your connection still ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 34

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 34

OK 

Thanks

Message 15 of 34

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this and I'm just sending you a short survey via a PM.

Thanks

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 16 of 34

Hi Michelle

Whatever you organized seems to have worked, all four lights are green now, and the speed has improved to 80Mbps down and 110Mbps up.

Thank you so much 🙂

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 18 of 34

Thanks Michelle.

Message 19 of 34

Hello,

Ok thanks for trying and I'll ask the faults team now and will let you know.

Thanks

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 20 of 34

Hi

Yes I have tried this several times and just did so again, the red light is still flashing, though it is connected 🤔

Thanks

0 Likes