cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Intermittent Wifi

Vaughan5467
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

In the last couple of week my Wifi keeps cutting out, both myself and my partner work from home. The first year it was great but just lately its got really bad and is affecting all devises that require internet (laptops/Alexa/TV anything that requires an internet connection)- I keep rebooting it. This isn't acceptable as we both need the internet for work.

Is there something that can be done. I would hate to have to leave Talk Talk because of this issue so maybe there is something that can be done?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Good morning,

Just checking back in to see if you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi Vaughan5467

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Vaughan5467

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are all clear. Have we recently sent you a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Having to raise this issue again. I switched the router off and left it off for a few hours. It seemed to sort the issue out. That was until this week. I have so far this week had to turn it off at the router 3 times. Upstairs doesn't seem to be getting Wi-Fi hardly at all as i have an Alexa up there which constantly asks me to reboot the Router. 

I also have a TV in the next room which is attached to Sky, but lately if i want to watch something on one of the Apps such as Netflix i am told there is o Wi-Fi connection and have to then restart it.

This is getting beyond a joke, I pay almost £40.00 per month- almost £480 per year for what i had hoped would be a superior service. It was for a year and has rapidly gone down hill since i last renewed my contract.

To put it into perspective in my last house i was with Virgin with no issues for the whole of the time i was with them. (over 10 years)

As both myself and partner work from home the internet and Wi-Fi is required every day and a good service is required so we are able to work.

Please look into this as a matter of urgency because if it doesn't improve I will have to look for an alternative supplier.

Regards

Vaughan Williams

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Thanks, I'll check in with you on Monday morning

Chris

0 Likes

Vaughan5467
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

OK

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Just need the router and modem to be switched off for at least 30 minutes, it doesn't matter if they are left off longer than 30 minutes

Chris

0 Likes

Vaughan5467
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

OK however will have to do it this evening as currently working I am out this evening so could switch it off for a while, or does it need to be just the 30 mins?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Could you switch the modem and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes (this will force the start of a new session), then switch back on and monitor over the weekend. I'll check in with you again on Monday and we'll see how it's been and if we need to take any further action

Chris

0 Likes

Vaughan5467
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Am sure we last did at the weekend, but i can certainly do it again this evening?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

OK thanks. Have you rebooted the Openreach modem in the last 10 days as we are not seeing any disconnections at all?

Chris

0 Likes

Vaughan5467
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

I'm not always in the same room as the router or modem when the service goes down. We basically reboot everything by switching it off and back on again. Its affecting, Alexa, work  laptops, phones, I pads and television more so the apps like Netflix etc.

Working from home i have a lot of meetings and i can be thrown out of the meeting or it just freezes, sometimes only for a very short time but sometimes like i say i get thrown out of meetings and when i talk to other meeting attendees they say that i keep freezing. It can be very irritating as i miss important bits of the meeting and have to keep asking for people to repeat themselves.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Vaughan5467,

Line test is passing and not showing any disconnections in the last 10 days. Do the lights change on the modem when the connections drops?

Are you rebooting the Openreach modem, the TalkTalk router or both? When was the last time that you did this?

Chris

Vaughan5467
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

This is so difficult to get hold of someone. I clicked on the link you sent and it sent me to a Personal Profile page. No help what so ever. My internet has gone down 5 times already this morning. This is unacceptable! I pay almost £40.00 per month and i would like someone to look into why my internet keeps falling out. I need this service for work. If this isnt sorted soon i will have to look for another providor as i cant work like this.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi Vaughan5467,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service, can you please add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile and we'll be happy to look into this for you

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes