cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Cannot connect to DHCP server

D5Creations
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Ok, so my fibre broadband stopped working on Thursday 15th February. Went through the live chat to try to fix the issue. Restarted Eero router, restarted ONT box, factory reset of the Eero router, but none of that worked.

I tried a second Eero router with a brand new ethernet cable, still no joy. So a Talktalk engineer came out yesterday. He tried a 3rd Eero router and a Talktalk fibre hub. Still no luck in fixing the issue. Even tried my Wavlink Gigabit router and that said that there is an issue with the DHCP server.

So I went back onto the live chat, and had to complete all the steps again. The recommendation was that they send out a new Eero, as they said I had a faulty one. I declined, because 3 Eeros had been tried and it's unlikely that they are all faulty.

Today I was on the phone to technical support for almost 2 hours, and all they did was put me through to Eero customer support, who also identified that it was a DHCP problem and nothing to do with the Eero routers.

The issue is with the connection to the DHCP server. Nothing can connect to it. There are 3 green lights on my ONT box, and Openreach have told me that this indicates that the fibre is working fine, but the problem is with my provider.

I got back on the phone with technical support and they have made an appointment with the Openreach engineer. Will he actually be able to fix the issue if Openreach are saying that there isn't one on their end? How can the DHCP server connection problem be fixed? By Talktalk or by Openreach?

It's getting quite frustrating at this point to go round in circles.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

OK, thanks for the update, hopefully the issue will be fixed soon

Chris

0 Likes

D5Creations
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

The Openreach engineer has been and has indicated that there is a problem on their end that is affecting services for Talktalk, BT, EE and Sky customers. They seem to think the fault is at the exchange and that the card that is used at the exchange needs to be reset. They said that it should be a quick fix when it gets attended to, but gave no timeframe for the fault to be fixed.

Is there any way I can get an update on the problem?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

OK thanks. Please let us know how the engineer visit goes

Chris

0 Likes

D5Creations
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

This has been done 3 times already, but I have done it again. It has now been restarted. Getting the same message from my Eero that it cannot connect to the internet, and from my laptop plugged directly into the ONT box, it cannot connect to the DHCP server.

The Openreach engineer will be here in the next 20 minutes, so hopefully he can fix it.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Thanks. Could you switch the ONT off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and let me know when you've done this

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

D5Creations
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

I have added the account number (as I have a data only package)

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Hi D5Creations,

Sorry but could you also add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile

Chris

0 Likes

D5Creations
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Updated profile.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes